Mount Sinai Health System Legal Statement
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
BY ACCESSING AND USING THIS SITE, YOU SIGNIFY YOUR ASSENT TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE, DO NOT USE THIS SITE.
MOUNT SINAI may revise and update these Terms and Conditions at any time. Your continued usage of the website will mean that you accept these changes.
THE SITE DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE
The information on the MOUNT SINAI website is for educational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for medical professional help, advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you have regarding your medical care. Nothing contained in this site is intended to constitute a medical diagnosis or treatment. Nothing in this site is intended as a recommendation or endorsement of any specific tests, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned in this site. Any reliance on any information provided by the website personnel, others appearing on the site at the invitation of the website and/or other visitors to the site is solely at the user's risk.
MOUNT SINAI does not warrant the accuracy, completeness, timeliness or usefulness of the opinions, advice, services or other information provided through the site or on the Internet generally. The site may contain health or medical-related materials which you may find sexually explicit or otherwise offensive. MOUNT SINAI, its licensors and its suppliers have no control over and accept no responsibility for compliance with the laws applicable to your country or state of residence.
A user's sole and exclusive remedy for dissatisfaction with the site is to stop using the site. All information is transmitted over a medium which is beyond the control and jurisdiction of the website and its suppliers. Accordingly, the website assumes no responsibility for, or relating to, delay, failure, interruption or corruption of any data or other information transmitted in connection with use of this website or sites accessed through this site.
This agreement can be modified by MOUNT SINAI at any time and such modification shall be effective immediately upon posting. You agree to review this agreement periodically to be aware of such modification and your access or use of the site shall be deemed your acceptance of the modified agreement. This site reserves the right but is not obligated to do any or all of the following:
- Record the dialogue in public chat rooms;
- Investigate an allegation that a communication(s) do(es) not conform to the terms of this section and determine in its sole discretion to remove or request the removal of the communication(s);
- Remove communications which are abusive, illegal, disruptive or otherwise fail to conform with these terms and conditions;
- Terminate the user's access to any and all public areas and/or the site upon any breach of these terms and conditions;
- Monitor, editor or disclose any communication in the public areas; and
- Edit or delete any communication(s) posted on the site, regardless of whether such communication(s) violate these standards.