This site provides an overview of benefits available to Icahn School of Medicine faculty.*
- Medical, prescription drug, dental and vision coverage
- Disability Plans (short-term and long-term)
- Tax-Free Reimbursement Accounts (for dependent care, health care, and commuting expenses)
- Life Insurance
- COBRA (Continuation of Benefits)
- Tax-Sheltered Annuity (403b) Plan
- Grandfathered Retiree Health & Welfare Program (limited eligibility)
- 457(b) - Supplemental Retirement Program
- Grant-in-Aid (Associate Professors and Professors only)
- Relocation Financing Benefit (recruits only)
- New York State 529 College Savings Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Quit for Life Program - Smoking Cessation Program
*Your eligibility for Mount Sinai benefits depends on your hire date and the number of hours that you are paid to work:
- If you were hired on or after January 1, 2004, you must be employed a minimum of 24 hours per week to be eligible for benefits.
- If you were hired on or before December 31, 2003, and were benefits-eligible at that time, you must be employed a minimum of 17.5 hours per week to be eligible for benefits.
Note: All benefits and programs are subject to change from time to time in accordance with institutional policy. A full policy description is available on the intranet.
Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 6:00pm
For questions specifically about the 403(b) plan, please call TIAA-CREF at 888-210-3992.