BeneFlex offers faculty a choice of five medical plans:
- UnitedHealthcare Choice Plus (Preferred Provider/PPO) Basic
- UnitedHealthcare Choice Plus (Preferred Provider/PPO) Plus
- UnitedHealthcare Enhanced Plan (Preferred Provider/PPO)
- UnitedHealthcare Sinai Choice Plus EPO
- UnitedHealthcare – High Deductible Health Plan/Health Savings Account
(You can also decline coverage if you are covered under another medical plan.)
Your share of the cost of medical coverage is paid for with before-tax dollars.
The UnitedHealthcare plans offer affordable coverage and freedom of choice; you can consult a physician of your choice, many of whom participate as Mount Sinai providers. If you use a UnitedHealthcare network provider, there will be modest office co-pay, but you will avoid deductibles and claim forms and preventive services will be covered. If you use an out-of-network provider, there will be deductibles and co-payments.
For the HMO plans, you must use participating providers.
Note: All benefits and programs are subject to change from time to time in accordance with institutional policy. A full policy description is available on the intranet.