Dean’s Leadership Board
The Dean’s Leadership Board will:
- Receive updates on the School and Medical Center from the Dean, the President and the Faculty Council President
- Review and vote on major School proposals prior to presentation to the Board of Trustees
- Consider reports and recommendations from the Faculty Council and determine whether further action is warranted
Members will participate in the preparation of each meeting agenda by recommending discussion topics and collaborating on presentations. Members will serve as liaisons to their Departments, Institutes and the Faculty Council, and will report back to their respective constituencies on issues as appropriate
The Dean’s Leadership Board will be chaired by the Dean of Icahn School of Medicine and will include the following voting members:
- All Department Chairs
- All Institute Directors
- President of Faculty Council
- President of Associated Attending Staff
- President of Alumni Association
- Four tenured professors appointed by the Dean
The following will attend in an ex-officio, non-voting capacity: Chief Executive Officer; Deans; President-Elect of Faculty Council; and Past President of Faculty Council. Others may attend at the Dean’s invitation.
The Dean’s Leadership Board will meet at least six times per year to discuss and resolve matters of importance to the School.
A quorum for purposes of transacting business will be the majority of voting members in attendance at a meeting.