How to Apply
Applicants must be:
- Minorities underrepresented in the sciences as per the following NIH definition:
- African Americans, Hispanic Americans, Native Americans, Alaskan Natives, Native Hawaiians and Pacific Islanders, and rural Appalachians.
- U.S. citizens, non-citizen nationals or permanent residents.
- Enrolled in or recently graduated from B.A., B.S., M.A., M.P.H., or other Master's level programs. A recent graduate is defined as one who has obtained their degree no earlier than May of last year.
- Willing to commit a minimum of 10 full time weeks to the Program. Although most interns are selected for the summer period, positions are available for other 10 to 12 week periods during the year.
The deadline for applications is February 15 for the summer session starting in June. There is no application deadline for students interested in internships during the semester months. Application instructions and an application form are available for download below. It is your responsibility to ensure that your application is complete. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Application Form [DOC}
Completed applications should be e-mailed to ITPApplications@mssm.edu. Include "Environmental Medicine Internship Program" in the e-mail subject line.
Some applicants may be contacted and scheduled for a telephone interview.
Provide the contact information (email address and telephone numbers) for two recommendations
Submit two letters of recommendation (signed and on institution letterhead). Letters of recommendation can be mailed, faxed or emailed to the following addresses, respectively:
Environmental Medicine Internship Program
Department of Community and Preventive Medicine
Icahn School of Medicine
One Gustave L. Levy Place
New York, NY 10029
Fax: (212) 996-0407
If e-mailing the letters of recommendation: Please ask your writer to scan the recommendation (signed and on institution letterhead) and email it as a jpeg or pdf file to ITPApplications@mssm.edu.
Applicants will be notified of final decisions via e-mail.
Summary of Important Dates:
- February 15
Application Deadline for summer term
- May 1
E-mail notification of final decisions