Rodney Ivan Ehrlich, M.B.Ch.B., Ph.D.
Dr. Ehrlich is the Director of and a Professor at the School of Public Health and Family Medicine at the University of Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa. He is also an Adjunct Senior Lecturer at the Mailman School of Public Health at Columbia University, New York. Dr. Ehrlich's current interests include occupational asthma, environmental asthma, and allergies among children. He also studies chronic occupational lung disease, tuberculosis, and HIV infection among miners.
- Govender M, Ehrlich RI, Mohammed A. Notification of occupational diseases by general practitioners in the Western Cape. S Afr Med J 2000; 90:1012-1014.
- Tolosana S, Ehrlich RI. Characteristics of liquid effluent from medical institutions in Cape Town. S African Journal of Science 2000; 96: 417-420.
- Ehrlich RI, DuToit D, Jordaan E, Potter P, Weinberg E, Volmink J, Zwarenstein M. Household smoking and bronchial hyperresponsiveness in asthmatic children. J Asthma 2001; 3:239-251.
- Todd AC, Ehrlich RI, Selby P, Jordaan E. Repeatability of tibia-lead measurement by x-ray fluorescence battery making workforce. Environ Res 2000; 84:282-289.
- Oosthuizen J, Ehrlich RI. The impact of pollution from a mercury processing plant in Kwazulu-Natal, South Africa, on the health of fish-eating communities in the area: an environmental health risk assessment. Intern J Environ Health Research 2001; 11:41-50.
- Badri M, Ehrlich RI, Pulerwitz T, Wood R, Maartens G. Association between tuberculosis and HIV disease progression in a high tuberculosis prevalence area. Intern J Tuberculosis Lung Dis 2001; 5: 225-232.
- Badri M, Ehrlich RI, Wood R, Maartens G. Initiating co-trimoxazole prophylaxis in HIV-infected patients in Africa: an evaluation of the provisional WHO/UNAIDS recommendations. AIDS 2001; 15:1143-1148.
- Poyser MA, Nelson H, Ehrlich RI, Bateman ED, Parnell S, Puterman A, Weinberg E. Socioeconomic deprivation and asthma prevalence and severity in young adolescents. Eur Respir J 2002; 19:1-7.
- Badri M, Ehrlich RI, Pulerwitz T, Wood R, Maartens G. Tuberculosis should not be considered an AIDS-defining disease in areas with a high tuberculosis prevalence. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 2002; 6:231-237.
- Mercer MJ, Joubert G, Ehrlich RI, Nelson H, Poyser MA. Puterman A, Weinberg EG. Socioeconomic status and prevalence of allergic rhinitis and atopic eczema symptoms in young adolescents. Pediatr Allergy Immunol 2004; 15:234-241.
- Ehrlich RI, Norman R, Laubscher R, White N, Steyn K, Lombard C, Bradshaw D. Predictors of chronic bronchitis in adults in South Africa. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 2004; 8:369-376.
- Luder E, Ehrlich RI, Lou WYW, Melnik TA, Kattan M The association between asthma and body mass in adults. Respir Med 2004;98:29-37.
- Mohammed A, Ehrlich RI, Wood R, Cilliers F, Maartens G. Screening for tuberculosis in adults with advanced HIV infection prior to preventive therapy. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 2004; 8:792-795.
- Myer L, Ehrlich RI, Susser E. Social epidemiology in South Africa . Epidemiol Rev 2004; 26:112-123.
- Churchyard G, Ehrlich RI, teWaterNaude J, Pemba L, Dekker K, Vermeijs M, White N, Myers J. Prevalence of silicosis and exposure response associations among goldminers in South Africa. Occ Env Med 2004; 61:811-816.
- Ehrlich RI, Norman R, Laubscher R, White N, Steyn K, Lombard C, Bradshaw D. Wheeze, asthma diagnosis and medication use: a national adult survey in a developing country. Thorax 2005; 60:895-901.
- Ehrlich RI, Prescott R. Rye predominance in baker’s asthma. Am J Ind Med 2005; 48:153-5.