Mohamed Fareed Jeebhay
M.B.Ch.B., M.Phil., M.P.H., Ph.D.
Dr. Jeebhay is an Associate Professor and Deputy Director, Occupational and Environmental Health Research Unit, School of Public Health and Family Medicine, University of Cape Town, South Africa. He has published extensively on occupational asthma and work related allergies. His current research interests include occupational allergies and asthma, occupational hypersensitivity induced by storage pests, and the health effects and quality of life of residents exposed to sudden high levels of sulfur dioxide.
- Jeebhay MF, Robins TG, Lopata AL. World at Work: Fish processing workers. Occupational and Environmental Medicine, 61(5):471-4, 2004.
- Lopata AL, Jeebhay MF, Reese G, Fernandes J, Swoboda I, Robins TG, Lehrer SB. An assay for the detection and quantification of aerosolized fish antigens in a fish processing factory. International Archives of Allergy and Immunology, 138(1):21-28, 2005.
- Lopata AL, Jeebhay MF, Groenewald M, Manjra A, du Toit G, Sibanda EN, Calvert J, Lee S, Schinkel M, Fenemore B, Motala C, Potter PC. Sensitisation to three Cockroach species in Southern Africa. Current Allergy and Clinical Immunology, 18 (2):62-66, 2005.
- Jeebhay MF, Baatjies R, Lopata A. Work-related respiratory allergy associated with sensitisation to storage pests and mites among grain mill workers. Current Allergy and Clinical Immunology, 18 (2):72-76, 2005.
- Rees D, Bartie D, Fox F, Jeebhay MF, Mansoor N. Is smoking cessation stressed enough in the prevention of occupational allergy? Occupational Health Southern Africa, 11(2):18-21, 2005.
- Jeebhay MF, Robins TG, Seixas N, Baatjies R, George DA, Rusford E, Lehrer SB, Lopata AL. Environmental exposure characterization of fish processing workers. Annals of Occupational Hygiene, 49(5):423-37, 2005.
- Lopata AL, Fenemore B, Jeebhay MF, Gäde G, Potter PC. Occupational allergy in laboratory workers caused by the African migratory grasshopper Locusta migratoria. Allergy, 60(2):200-5, 2005.
- Nieuwenhuizen N, Lopata A L, Jeebhay MF, De’Broski H, Robins TG, Brombacher F. Exposure to the fish parasite Anisakis causes allergic airway hyperreactivity and dermatitis. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology. In press 2006.
- Adams S, Jeebhay MF. Compensation for work-related injuries or diseases – is there a role for the family practitioner? South African Manual of Family Practice. In press, 2006.
- Naidoo R, Jeebhay MF, Robins TG, Myers JE, Nogueira C, Zeleznik S. Addressing the challenges of underdevelopment in environmental and occupational health in Southern Africa: the University of Michigan Program. International Journal of Occupational and Environmental Health. In press 2006.
- Jeebhay MF, Baatjies R, Chang YS, Kim YK, Kim YY, Lopata AL. Risk factors for allergy due to the two-spotted spider mite (Tetranychus urticae) among table grape farm workers. Allergy. Submitted 2006.