CMCA Advisory Board
The CMCA Advisory Board is responsible for providing guidance for Center for Multicultural and Community Affairs (CMCA) development, serves as a resource in helping to promote CMCA and implementing its programs and initiatives, and assists in monitoring priority goals for CMCA. The CMCA Advisory Board is co-chaired by Patricia Levinson, Diane Fogg and Andrew Heinneman, members of the Board of Trustees of The Mount Sinai Medical Center.
Diversity Leadership Committee (DLC)
Chaired by Michael L. Marin, MD, the priority of the Diversity Leadership Committee is to advise and assist CMCA with implementation of diversity initiatives with particular focus on house staff and faculty. The DLC is comprised of Deans and Clinical and Basic Department Chairs. The primary goals of the DLC are to:
- Assist in development and implementation of a strategic plan for recruitment of faculty and house staff from groups underrepresented in medicine
- Monitor outcomes
- Examine barriers and challenges to retaining URM faculty
- Implement strategies to address these barriers
CMCA Fellows are individuals who are committed to advancing the mission of CMCA and assist the CMCA in its philanthropic and marketing efforts.
The goals of the Fellows Group are:
- To help increase visibility on the Center.
- To encourage gifts, endowments and bequests to the Center.
- To build new audiences for the Center
If you are interested in learning more about the CMCA Fellows or may be interested in joining the CMCA Fellows group, please contact Ann-Gel Palermo, MPH, DrPH at email@example.com for more information.