Program Competencies and Expectations
Domain A: Personal Leadership Development
The program will enable participants to:
- Learn to build and manage team decision making
- Update and improve project leadership skills
- Lead change management processes
- Manage conflict.
- Develop cultural competence to serve heterogeneous populations
- Recognize and analyze the ethical dimensions that arise in the course of healthcare delivery
Domain B: Technical and Substantive Knowledge
The program will provide opportunities for participants to learn how to:
- Use financial information in strategic decision making
- Navigate the system of medical reimbursements and payment systems
- Use economic analyses to understand major market influences and to find organizational cost effectiveness and efficiencies
- Identify successful models of cost containment that enhance quality service delivery
- Apply operations management tools/practices towards performance improvement and optimization
- Apply basic tenets of human resource management to healthcare delivery problems.
- Appraise the use of evidence based and leveraged translational science for decision-making in healthcare delivery
- Articulate the role of information systems and technologies in improving patient centered healthcare delivery
- Understand the content and likely implications of the Affordable Care Act and the nature of the regulatory system
- Identify potential methods for managing patient growth under ACA.
- Analyze social and behavioral determinants of health
- Craft potential solutions to the major challenges of public health interventions.
- Apply principles of safety and risk management towards improving health care delivery effectiveness
- Understand the strengths and limitations of innovations in clinical microsystems
Domain C: Conceptual Reasoning
Participants will further develop their abilities to:
- Understand rationales, theories and political models of healthcare policy-making.
- Learn strategy creation and implementation methods
- Learn and apply processes for creating and employing innovation
- Improve problem-solving skills
- Enhance knowledge of strategic communication strategies and principles
- Learn legal perspectives and context about healthcare delivery issues
Request More Information
1425 Madison Ave (at 98th St)
New York, NY 10029-6574