The following services are free for all EHHOP patients:
- Primary and Preventive Care
- Non-Emergency Urgent Care
- Health Education and Awareness
- Patient Advocacy
- Social Work Counseling (EHHOP has a social worker on staff every Saturday)
- Prescribed Medications
- Laboratory Testing
- Gynecologic Screening
- Sexually Transmitted Infection Testing
- Voluntary HIV/AIDS testing and counseling
- Referrals for specialty care and imaging
- Nutrition counseling (EHHOP has a nutritionist on select Saturdays)
- Screening to help see if you qualify for Medicaid or other public insurance
- Benefit screening to help identify relevant community resources
If you require specialty care, we will refer you to the appropriate clinic at Mount Sinai. EHHOP's Access to Care Team will help facilitate this process.
Most of the medications we offer are free for patients. In cases of more expensive or brand name medications, we provide assistance with access to low cost or free options through patient drug assistance programs.
Our prescriptions can be picked up at the Mount Sinai Pharmacy. The pharmacy is open Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. It is located in the basement of the main hospital at 1468 Madison Avenue.
Sometimes, patients need a supply from an outside pharmacy. We will let you know if that happens. The outside pharmacy we use is Metropolitan Pharmacy at 102nd Street and 2nd Avenue.
In addition to our weekly primary care clinic, EHHOP also has three ancillary clinics that are open only on select Saturdays:
- Mental Health
Your primary clinic team will refer you to these clinics as appropriate.
Services We Do Not Offer
EHHOP is proud to provide comprehensive health services to our patients. That said, if you have an emergency, you must call 911; EHHOP cannot and does not provide emergent care.
Who is Eligible?
EHHOP is committed to serving the underserved and uninsured residents of East Harlem. At this time, we see patients that fit the following criteria:
- Have no health insurances, no Medicaid or Medicare
- Adults 22 years and older
- Residents of East Harlem
If you believe you are eligible and would like to be seen by EHHOP, please call us at 646-942-6519. Please leave your name, phone number and when it is best to reach you along with your message. All phone calls are returned within 24 hours.
Appointments and Information
Open Saturdays, 9 am – 12 pm
Except major holidays
East Harlem Health Outreach Partnership (EHHOP)
The Center for Advanced Medicine
17 East 102nd Street
New York, NY 10029