As an applicant for the MD Program's regular track, you will need a solid foundation in key subjects. Minimum subject requirements are:
- General Chemistry: One academic year
- Organic Chemistry: One academic year or one semester of organic chemistry and one semester of biochemistry
- Biology: One academic year
- Physics: One academic year or AP Physics (with score of 4 or 5)
* All of your subjects above must include the appropriate laboratory work.
- Math: One academic year of math (calculus or above or AP Calculus BC with a score of 4 or 5; one semester of statistics preferred)
- English: One academic year of intensive writing courses
- You are required to take the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT). The MCAT must be taken within three years of your year of matriculation.
- A letter of recommendation from college premedical advisory committee, or, if no committee exists, individual letters of recommendation (a minimum of one from a science faculty member and one from a non-science faculty member, submitted only through AMCAS)
- Students invited to interview will also be required to meet with representatives of the Committee on Admissions. The two 30-minute interviews are conducted by faculty members or senior medical students.
- Fluency in Spanish or Mandarin
- Statistics and biochemistry
- Integral social sciences such as political science, global health, psychology, and sociology
- If you majored in non-science disciplines but meet these requirements, we strongly encourage you to apply. You will receive full consideration from the Committee on Admissions. We actively seek strongly motivated students from underrepresented minority and educationally deprived backgrounds.