Benefits for Residents and Fellows
The Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai’s Graduate Medical Education (GME) Office works hard to ensure a dynamic resident and fellow learning environment. Using input from residents, fellows, program directors and coordinators, our GME Office is continually enhancing the benefits available. As a resident or fellow, you can expect to receive:
- Competitive stipends
- Excellent health benefits
- Affordable apartments in hospital-owned housing (subject to availability)
- Education supplements to cover costs such as medical licensure
- Travel funds for presenting research at scholarly meetings
- Shuttle service between the Mount Sinai Health System campuses
- Taxi reimbursement for late-night clinical assignments
- High-quality meals for on call or night float assignments
- Access to activity and event discounts, available through the Recreation office
Some campuses offer amenities additional to those above. Please contact the GME Office with any other questions you may have about stipends or benefits.
Our Real Estate Division provides housing for students, residents and postdoctoral fellows, as well as resources for off-campus housing. We are committed to providing affordable housing that suits your professional and educational needs.
Housing options for the Mount Sinai Hospital reisdents and fellows can be viewed on our Housing Locator Map. Housing offers are based on a three-category system including incoming families, incoming couples, and incoming singles. Each application will receive a randomly assigned number. In an effort to accommodate housing preferences, each applicant must indicate their top ten housing choices. Each applicant will receive a housing offer based on their randomly assigned number and top ten choices.
Information regarding housing for residents and fellows at the Mount Sinai Health System (MSHS) campuses is available on each site’s Graduate Medical Education pages.”