We have residents from a wide variety of backgrounds and previous experiences. We are proud of developing residents who seek and obtain some of the most competitive clinical jobs in the country. Each year, approximately half of our class goes on to fellowship training. Some recent fellowships include:
- Simulation: Mount Sinai St. Luke's and Mount Sinai West, Mount Sinai, Brown, Stanford
- Ultrasound: Mount Sinai St. Luke's and Mount Sinai West, University of Pennsylvania
- Critical Care: Brigham & Women's Hospital, Massachusetts General Hospital Medical
- Education: Harbor UCLA, OHSU, Jefferson
- Sports Medicine: Allegheny General Hospital
- Hyperbaric Medicine: Duke University
- Public Health: CDC Epidemiologic Intelligence Service
- Administration: Mount Sinai St. Luke's and Mount Sinai West
One of the hallmarks of our program is that we do not believe in creating the cookie cutter EM resident. In fact, we look forward to each resident's unique qualities and individual career goals. As such, in the last several years we have transitioned from having scholarly tracks to developing Resident Directors during the third year.
Each year's senior class has the traditional three Chief Residents. These residents are responsible for scheduling, teaching the Rosen's Emergency Medicine portion of our conference, attending our weekly educational meeting, and assisting with other administrative duties.
In order to help develop the career interests of the remaining senior residents, we have developed multiple Resident Director roles. For residents interested in pursuing additional fellowship training or potentially academic jobs, these director positions provide valuable content knowledge and practical leadership experience within each niche. The role comes with a list of clearly defined goals and objectives to which the resident is expected to adhere. In line with our commitment to individualizing training, each year these titles may change although many remain consistent year to year.
Examples of Resident Directors in the last several years include:
- Resident Director of Ultrasound
- Resident Director of Medical Student Education
- Resident Director of Simulation
- Resident Director of Prehospital Care
- Resident Director of Global Health
- Resident Director of Enhanced Educational Activities
- Resident Director of Professional Development
- Resident Director of Wilderness Medicine