Frequently Asked Questions
1. How many tickets does each student get? Can you get extra tickets?
Each student will get 10 tickets initially. If you need more tickets, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate how many extra tickets you will need. We will keep a list and once all the graduating students receive their tickets, we will contact everyone on the list to distribute the extras.
2. I am a Doctor can I hood my son/daughter?
If you are a doctor and you would like to hood your son/daughter, please email email@example.com by the listed deadline (see hooding instructions). Please note: Only the following relationships will be considered, immediate family members; spouse, parent, sibling, son or daughter. Please understand that all other relations are ineligible to hood graduates.
3. How long is the ceremony?
The ceremony is approximately 2 hours and 15 minutes.
4. Can I take pictures at Avery Fisher Hall during the ceremony?
Yes you can take pictures inside the ceremony.
5. Can I leave tickets for family members at the front desk?
Yes, you can leave tickets for your family members in a labeled envelope with the attendants at our information table at Avery Fisher Hall.
6. Where is Avery Fisher Hall?
Avery Fisher Hall is located at Lincoln Center, 10 Lincoln Center Plaza @ 65th St. and Columbus Avenue.
7. Will there be discounted parking?
There is no discounted parking for Commencement.
8. Is there reserved seating?
There is no reserved seating.
9. Can children attend the ceremony?
Yes, children can attend the ceremony.
10. Will professional pictures be available to purchase?
A couple of weeks after Commencement, there will be pictures available for purchase online.
11. I need disabled/special accommodations, who can I contact?
For handicapped/special seating, please contact: Ronni Shapiro @ firstname.lastname@example.org
12. Are there any other events happening after the ceremony?
Yes, Mount Sinai Achievement Ceremony, Thursday May 9, 2013, 3:00pm. It will be immediately followed at 5:00pm by the Deans Reception for all graduating students and their guests.