- ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR Surgery
- ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR Radiology
Am Board of Surgery (Sub: General Vascular Surg)
- Aortic Aneurysm Repair/Removal
- Aortoiliac And Aortofemoral Bypass Graft Surgery
- Arteriovenous Malformations
- Atherectomy/Angioplasty Of Noncoronary Vessel
- Carotid Artery Endarterectomy
- Carotid Artery Stenosis
- Femoropopliteal Bypass Surgery
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- Varicose Veins
MD, University of Athens
St. Elizabeth's Hospital of Boston
Mount Sinai Hospital
St. Mary's Hospital
Fellowship, Vascular Surgery
University of Missouri Hospital
- Prior to joining the Division of Vascular Surgery at Mount Sinai, Dr. Vouyouka served as a faculty member in the Division of Vascular Surgery at New York-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center for two years. She also served on the faculty in the Department of Surgery at Wayne State University for six years in Detroit, Michigan. Dr. Vouyouka completed medical school at the Capodistrean University of Athens School of Medicine. Following her residencies at Mount Sinai and Saint Mary's Hospital in Waterbury, Connecticut, she completed fellowship training in Vascular Surgery at University of Missouri Hospitals and Clinics. Additionally, she completed a post-doctoral research fellowship at Yale University.
Dr. Vouyouka has under gone additional training in minimally invasive treatments for vascular conditions including carotid stenting, endovascular treatment of lower extremity arterial occlusive disease and minimally invasive repair of abdominal aortic aneurysms. She has presented research results at several national and international scientific meetings and has co-authored many original manuscripts published in peer-reviewed journals such as the Journal of Vascular Surgery, Journal of Surgical Research and Journal of Surgery. Her clinical research is mainly focused on the study of Arterial Vascular Disease in women, of which she is an expert. Her research efforts are directed towards the development of clinical studies that would provide better understanding of the natural history of the vascular disease in women as well as the identification of gender specific medical and social risk factors to improve the clinical outcomes in female patients; often underrepresented in studies.
- A 24- Week Study of the Efficacy and Safety of Teduglutide in Subjects with Parental Nutrition-Dependent Short Bowel Syndrome CL0600-020
- The LUCY Study: TriVascular Evaluation of FemaLes who are Underrepresented Candidates for Abdonimal Aortic AneurYsm Repair
- Randomized Multicenter Controlled Trial to Compare Best Endovascular versus Best Surgical Therapy in Patients with Critical Limb Ischemia
- Marrow StimTM PAD Kit for the Treatment of Critical Limb Ischemia (CLI) in Subjects with Severe Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD)
Physicians and scientists on the faculty of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai often interact with pharmaceutical, device and biotechnology companies to improve patient care, develop new therapies and achieve scientific breakthroughs. In order to promote an ethical and transparent environment for conducting research, providing clinical care and teaching, Mount Sinai requires that salaried faculty inform the School of their relationships with such companies.
Dr. Vouyouka did not report having any of the following types of financial relationships with industry during 2015 and/or 2016: consulting, scientific advisory board, industry-sponsored lectures, service on Board of Directors, participation on industry-sponsored committees, equity ownership valued at greater than 5% of a publicly traded company or any value in a privately held company. Please note that this information may differ from information posted on corporate sites due to timing or classification differences.
Mount Sinai's faculty policies relating to faculty collaboration with industry are posted on our website. Patients may wish to ask their physician about the activities they perform for companies.
Physicians who provide services at hospitals and facilities in the Mount Sinai Health System might not participate in the same health plans as those Mount Sinai hospitals and facilities (even if the physicians are employed or contracted by those hospitals or facilities).
Information regarding insurance participation and billing by this physician may be found on this page, and can also be obtained by contacting this provider directly. Because physicians insurance participation can change, the insurance information on this page may not always be up-to-date. Please contact this physician directly to obtain the most up-to-date insurance information.
Insurance and health plan networks that the various Mount Sinai Health System hospitals and facilities participate in can be found on the Mount Sinai Health System website.
1190 Fifth Avenue, 1st Floor
Guggenheim Pavilion Center (GP1)
New York, NY 10029
- Wednesday 9:00am - 12:00pm
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna PPO
- Blue Cross/ Blue Shield
- CIGNA HMO-POS
- Cigna - HMO
- Cigna PPO
- Empire BCBS Federal Plan
- Empire BCBS HMO/EPO
- Empire BCBS Medicare HMO
- Empire BCBS PPO/POS/Traditional
- First Health
- Flex Select POS
- GHI CBP PPO
- GHI HMO
- Group Health Insurance, Inc.
- HIP Commercial
- HIP Medicaid
- HIP Medicare
- Health Net POS
- Health Net PPO
- HealthFirst HMO Medicaid
- HealthFirst HMO Medicare
- HealthPlus, Inc.
- Local 1199
- Medicaid of New York
- Medicare of NY
- Oxford (Medicare)
- Oxford HMO/PPO
- Oxford Health Plans
- Oxford Liberty
- Railroad Medicare
- United Healthcare - HMO
- United Healthcare - Mount Sinai Top Tier
- United Healthcare Commercial
- United Healthcare Empire Plan
- United Healthcare Medicare
- VNS Medicare
- WellCare of New York, Inc.