- ASSISTANT PROFESSOR Orthopaedics
Dr. Alice Huang is an Assistant Professor in the Leni and Peter W. May Department of Orthopaedics at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai in New York City.
1. Huang AH, Riordan TJ, Wang L, Eyal S, Zelzer E, Brigande JV, Schweitzer R. "Re-positioning forelimb superficialis muscles: tendon attachment and muscle activity enable active relocation of functional myofibers," 2013, Developmental Cell, 26(5): 544-551.
2. Huang AH, Baker BM, Ateshian GA, Mauck RL. "Sliding Contact Enhances the Tensile Properties of Mesenchymal Stem Cell-Seeded Hydrogels," 2012, European Cells and Materials, 24:29-45.
3. Baker BM, Shah R, Huang AH, Mauck RL. "Dynamic Tensile Loading Improves the Functional Properties of MSC-Laden Nanofiber-Based Fibrocartilage," 2011, Tissue Engineering: Part A, 17(9-10):1445-55.
4. Huang AH, Farrell MJ, Kim M, Mauck RL. "Long-term Dynamic Compressive Loading Improves the Mechanical Properties of Mesenchymal Stem Cell-Laden Hydrogels," 2010, European Cells and Materials, 19:72-85.
5. Huang AH, Stein A, Mauck RL. "Evaluation of the Complex Molecular Topography of Mesenchymal Stem Cell Chondrogenesis for Cartilage Tissue Engineering," 2010, Tissue Engineering: Part A, 16(9):2699-708.
6. Nerurkar NL, Sen S, Huang AH, Elliott DM, Mauck RL. "Engineered Disc-Like Angle-Ply Structures for Intervertebral Disc Replacement," 2009, Spine, 35(8):867-73.
7. Huang AH, Farrell MJ, Mauck RL. "Mechanics and Mechanobiology of Mesenchymal Stem Cell-Based Engineered Cartilage," 2010, Journal of Biomechanics, 43(1):128-36.
8. Erickson IE, Huang AH, Sengupta S, Kestle S, Burdick JA, Mauck RL. "Macromer Density Influences Mesenchymal Stem Cell Chondrogenesis and Maturation in Photocrosslinked Hyaluronic Acid Hydrogels," 2009, Osteoarthritis and Cartilage, 17(12):1639-48.
9. Huang AH, Stein A, Tuan RS, Mauck RL. "Transient Exposure to TGF-B3 Improves the Mechanical Properties of Mesenchymal Stem Cell-Laden Constructs in a Density Dependent Manner," 2009, Tissue Engineering: Part A, 15(11):3461-72.
10. Bargman R, Huang A, Boskey AL, Raggio C, Pleshko N. "RANKL Inhibition Improves Bone Properties in a Mouse Model of Osteogenesis Imperfecta," 2009, Connective Tissue Research, 51(2):123-31.
11. Huang AH, Motlekar NA, Stein A, Diamond SL, Shore EM, Mauck RL. "High Throughput Screening for Modulators of Mesenchymal Stem Cell Chondrogenesis," 2008, Annals of Biomedical Engineering, 36(11):1909-21.
Physicians and scientists on the faculty of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai often interact with pharmaceutical, device and biotechnology companies to improve patient care, develop new therapies and achieve scientific breakthroughs. In order to promote an ethical and transparent environment for conducting research, providing clinical care and teaching, Mount Sinai requires that salaried faculty inform the School of their relationships with such companies.
Dr.Huang is not currently required to report Industry relationships.
Mount Sinai's faculty policies relating to faculty collaboration with industry are posted on our website at http://icahn.mssm.edu/about-us/services-and-resources/faculty-resources/handbooks-and-policies/faculty-handbook. Patients may wish to ask their physician about the activities they perform for companies.
Annenberg Building Floor 20 Room 80A
1468 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10029