- ASSISTANT CLINICAL PROFESSOR Otolaryngology
MD, Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Internship, General Surgery
Montefiore Medical Group
Montefiore Medical Group
- After graduating Binghamton University with honors, Dr. Blank received his medical degree at SUNY Upstate Medical Center in Syracuse, NY. Following medical school, he completed his internship and residency in internal medicine at Lenox Hill Hospital, located on Manhattan's Upper East Side. He was named Chief Medical Resident after completing his internal medicine residency and continued on at Lenox Hill Hospital as a gastroenterology fellow. After seven years of post-graduate training at Lenox Hill, Dr. Blank went on to Mount Sinai Hospital for an additional year of training, completing a fellowship in Advanced Hepatology. In July 2004, Dr. Blank joined the faculty practice at Mount Sinai St. Luke's Roosevelt, where he currently is an attending gastroenterolgist. In addition to seeing private patients in the office setting, he also spends time teaching medical residents and GI fellows at the Roosevelt GI clinic, as well as proctoring GI fellows in endoscopy. His duties as medical attending include several months as service attending in internal medicine and gastroenterology at both Mount Sinai St. Luke's Roosevelt. Dr. Blank is on faculty at Columbia University College of Physician and Surgeons as assistant clinical professor of medicine. He lectures at the Sophie Davis School of Biomedical Education at the City College of New York. His practice involves general gastroenterology, with particular interest in Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Inflammatory Bowel Disease and liver abnormalities.
Physicians and scientists on the faculty of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai often interact with pharmaceutical, device and biotechnology companies to improve patient care, develop new therapies and achieve scientific breakthroughs. In order to promote an ethical and transparent environment for conducting research, providing clinical care and teaching, Mount Sinai requires that salaried faculty inform the School of their relationships with such companies.
Dr.Blank is not currently required to report Industry relationships.
Mount Sinai's faculty policies relating to faculty collaboration with industry are posted on our website. Patients may wish to ask their physician about the activities they perform for companies.
Physicians who provide services at hospitals and facilities in the Mount Sinai Health System might not participate in the same health plans as those Mount Sinai hospitals and facilities (even if the physicians are employed or contracted by those hospitals or facilities).
Information regarding insurance participation and billing by this physician may be found on this page, and can also be obtained by contacting this provider directly. Because physicians insurance participation can change, the insurance information on this page may not always be up-to-date. Please contact this physician directly to obtain the most up-to-date insurance information.
Insurance and health plan networks that the various Mount Sinai Health System hospitals and facilities participate in can be found on the Mount Sinai Health System website.
36 West 60th Street @ Columbus Circle
New York, NY 10019
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna PPO
- Affinity Medicaid
- Atlantis Health Plan
- BCBS Health New York
- Beech Street
- Cigna - HMO
- Cigna PPO
- Elderplan, Inc.
- Empire BCBS Mediblue
- Empire Blue Cross/ Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield Indemnity
- Fidelis Medicaid
- GHI HMO Commercial
- GHI PPO
- Great West Insurance
- HIP Child Health Plus
- HIP Family Health Plus
- HIP HMO
- HIP Medicaid
- HIP Medicare
- HIP PPO
- Healthfirst Medicaid
- Healthfirst Medicare
- Hotel Traders
- Medicaid Secondary to Medicare
- Multiplan (includes Allied)
- Oxford (Medicare)
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS)
- United Health - PPO
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare Empire Plan
- United Healthcare Medicare (Secure Horizons)