- ASSISTANT PROFESSOR Medicine, Hematology and Medical Oncology
American Board of Internal Medicine
MD, Medical College of Georgia
Residency, Internal Medicine
Georgetown University Hospital
Fellowship, Hematology & Onc.
New York Presbyterian - Weill Cornell Medical Center
- Dr. Levy is currently the Medical Director of Thoracic Medical Oncology for Mount Sinai Health Systems and the Associate Medical Director of the Cancer Clinical Trials Office (CCTO) for Mount Sinai Hospital. Dr Levy’s main focus is the comprehensive clinical care and research development for patients with thoracic malignancies, with particular emphasis on non-small cell lung cancer. In this effort, he has developed a robust clinical research portfolio that evaluates novel therapies including immunotherapy for lung cancer patients and is actively searching for genetic alterations that may predict sensitivity to such drugs. In addition to his clinical and research duties, Dr. Levy serves as Associate Editor for the ASCO University Committee where he helps develop educational web based content for oncologists across the country. He currently serves on the editorial board for the Journal of Clinical Oncology (JCO) and serves as an ad hoc reviewer for other journals including Clinical Lung Cancer and The Oncologist. Dr Levy actively publishes in peer review journals including Journal of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network (JNCCN), Journal of Oncology Practice (JOP), and the Journal of Thoracic Oncology (JTO).
In the News:
Dr. Levy discusses the role of adjuvant chemotherapy versus neoadjuvant chemotherapy for patients with NSCLC undergoing surgical resection with curative intent.
Dr. Levy discusses strategies for delivering maintenance therapy in NSCLC.
Dr. Levy Provides Update on Squamous Cell Lung Cancer Treatments.
Dr. Levy sits down with Selma Schimmel in The Group Room to discuss next generation sequencing in lung cancer.
Research Fellow of the Year - 2008
Weill Cornell Department of Medicine
Dan Printup Memorial Scholarship - 1998
Medical College of Georgia
Young Investigators Award (YIA) - 2009
American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
Physicians and scientists on the faculty of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai often interact with pharmaceutical, device and biotechnology companies to improve patient care, develop new therapies and achieve scientific breakthroughs. In order to promote an ethical and transparent environment for conducting research, providing clinical care and teaching, Mount Sinai requires that salaried faculty inform the School of their relationships with such companies.
Below are financial relationships with industry reported by Dr. Levy during 2015 and/or 2016. Please note that this information may differ from information posted on corporate sites due to timing or classification differences.
- AstraZeneca; Celgene Corporation; Eli Lilly and Company; Genentech, Inc.; Pfizer Inc.
Scientific Advisory Board:
- Boehringer Ingelheim Corporation; Celgene Corporation
Industry-Sponsored Lectures: MSSM faculty occasionally give lectures at events sponsored by industry, but only if the events are free of any marketing purpose.
- Eli Lilly and Company; Genentech, Inc.
Mount Sinai's faculty policies relating to faculty collaboration with industry are posted on our website. Patients may wish to ask their physician about the activities they perform for companies.
Physicians who provide services at hospitals and facilities in the Mount Sinai Health System might not participate in the same health plans as those Mount Sinai hospitals and facilities (even if the physicians are employed or contracted by those hospitals or facilities).
Information regarding insurance participation and billing by this physician may be found on this page, and can also be obtained by contacting this provider directly. Because physicians insurance participation can change, the insurance information on this page may not always be up-to-date. Please contact this physician directly to obtain the most up-to-date insurance information.
Insurance and health plan networks that the various Mount Sinai Health System hospitals and facilities participate in can be found on the Mount Sinai Health System website.
10 Union Square East
New York, NY 10003