- ASSISTANT PROFESSOR Pediatrics, Behavioral Pediatrics
- ASSISTANT PROFESSOR Psychiatry
American Board of Pediatrics
MD, Columbia University College of Physicians & Surgeons
Children's Hospital at Montefiore
- Dr. Farrell evaluates and treats children for developmental and behavioral concerns and manages Mount Sinai's multidisciplinary Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Developmental Follow-up Clinic. She teaches pediatric residents and neonatology fellows during these sessions. She is well versed in Autism, Attention Deficit-Hyperactivity Disorder, Intellectual Disabilities, Learning Disabilities, Behavior Management techniques, Developmental and Behavioral Effects of Chronic Illness, and Normal Infant and Child Development. She believes in a holistic and open-minded approach to families, understanding that a child’s behavior and development cannot be separated from the child’s family environment. She aims to empower children and families whenever possible and actively engages in educational and disability advocacy for her patients. Her public health dissertation focused on the relationship between autism and parenting stress. Current research interests include early autism screening and diagnosis and the epidemiology of autism.
Research- Autism spectrum disorders and parenting stress.
- Early autism screening and diagnosis.
Physicians and scientists on the faculty of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai often interact with pharmaceutical, device and biotechnology companies to improve patient care, develop new therapies and achieve scientific breakthroughs. In order to promote an ethical and transparent environment for conducting research, providing clinical care and teaching, Mount Sinai requires that salaried faculty inform the School of their relationships with such companies.
Dr. Farrell did not report having any of the following types of financial relationships with industry during 2014 and/or 2015: consulting, scientific advisory board, industry-sponsored lectures, service on Board of Directors, participation on industry-sponsored committees, equity ownership valued at greater than 5% of a publicly traded company or any value in a privately held company. Please note that this information may differ from information posted on corporate sites due to timing or classification differences.
Mount Sinai's faculty policies relating to faculty collaboration with industry are posted on our website. Patients may wish to ask their physician about the activities they perform for companies.
Physicians who provide services at hospitals and facilities in the Mount Sinai Health System might not participate in the same health plans as those Mount Sinai hospitals and facilities (even if the physicians are employed or contracted by those hospitals or facilities).
Information regarding insurance participation and billing by this physician may be found on this page, and can also be obtained by contacting this provider directly. Because physicians insurance participation can change, the insurance information on this page may not always be up-to-date. Please contact this physician directly to obtain the most up-to-date insurance information.
Insurance and health plan networks that the various Mount Sinai Health System hospitals and facilities participate in can be found on the Mount Sinai Health System website.
Faculty Practice Associates Floor 10
5 East 98th Street
New York, NY 10029
5 East 98th Street
New York, NY 10029
- Monday 1:00pm - 5:00pm
- Wednesday 9:00am - 1:00pm
- Thursday 9:00am - 1:00pm
- Friday 9:00am - 2:30pm
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna POS
- Aetna PPO
- BCBS EPO
- BCBS HMO
- BCBS PPO
- Blue Cross/ Blue Shield
- Empire United Health Care / Empire Plan
- GHI CBP PPO
- HIP Commercial
- HIP Medicaid
- HealthPlus, Inc.
- Medicaid of New York
- MetroPlus Health Plan
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- United Health Care - Mount Sinai Top Tier
- United Health Care Commercial
- Master Card
- American Express
- Personal Check
- Credit Card (Other)