- ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR Orthopaedics
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
MD, Case Western Reserve University
Northwestern Memorial Hospital
Fellowship, Adult Reconstruction
Rush University Medical Center
- Dr. Douglas Unis is the director of the Adult Reconstructive Surgery Division in the Department of Orthopedic Surgery at Mount Sinai St. Luke's Roosevelt. He is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon specializing in minimally invasive hip and knee replacement surgery. Dr. Unis is one of a select group of surgeons in the US who performs anterior total hip replacement surgery, in which no muscle or tendon is cut and which requires no post-operative dislocation precautions. He was one of the first in the New York metropolitan area to perform this procedure. Other interests include complex revision hip and knee reconstruction. In addition to performing surgery, he serves as an assistant clinical professor of orthopedic surgery at Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons and participates in clinical research related to hip and knee reconstruction. Visit Dr. Unis’s website at www.newyorkanteriorhipreplacement.com
Physicians and scientists on the faculty of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai often interact with pharmaceutical, device and biotechnology companies to improve patient care, develop new therapies and achieve scientific breakthroughs. In order to promote an ethical and transparent environment for conducting research, providing clinical care and teaching, Mount Sinai requires that salaried faculty inform the School of their relationships with such companies.
Below are financial relationships with industry reported by Dr. Unis during 2015 and/or 2016. Please note that this information may differ from information posted on corporate sites due to timing or classification differences.
- CUREXO Inc.; Zimmer, Inc.
Mount Sinai's faculty policies relating to faculty collaboration with industry are posted on our website. Patients may wish to ask their physician about the activities they perform for companies.
Physicians who provide services at hospitals and facilities in the Mount Sinai Health System might not participate in the same health plans as those Mount Sinai hospitals and facilities (even if the physicians are employed or contracted by those hospitals or facilities).
Information regarding insurance participation and billing by this physician may be found on this page, and can also be obtained by contacting this provider directly. Because physicians insurance participation can change, the insurance information on this page may not always be up-to-date. Please contact this physician directly to obtain the most up-to-date insurance information.
Insurance and health plan networks that the various Mount Sinai Health System hospitals and facilities participate in can be found on the Mount Sinai Health System website.
Roosevelt Hospital - 10th Floor 3 Room 3A35
1000 10th Avenue
New York, NY 10019
1000 10th Avenue
New York, NY 10019
- Tuesday 9:00am - 5:00am
- Thursday 9:00am - 5:00am
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Medicare
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna POS
- Aetna PPO
- Anthem Health
- BCBS Health New York
- Beech Street
- Better Health Advantage, Inc.
- Cigna - HMO
- Cigna EPO
- Cigna POS
- Cigna PPO
- Elderplan, Inc.
- Emblem-GHI PPO & HMO
- Empire BCBS Mediblue
- Empire Blue Cross/ Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield Indemnity
- Empire Plan
- GHI HMO Commercial
- GHI PPO
- HIP HMO
- HIP Medicare
- HIP PPO
- Healthfirst Medicare
- Horizon BCBS of New Jersey
- Hotel Traders
- Medicaid Secondary to Medicare
- Metroplus Medicare
- Multiplan (includes Allied)
- Oxford (Medicare)
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS)
- United Empire
- United Health - PPO
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - HMO
- United Healthcare Empire Plan
- United Healthcare Medicare (Secure Horizons)