- ASSISTANT PROFESSOR Psychiatry
American Board of Internal Medicine
* Beth Israel Medical Center *
* Beth Israel Medical Center *
- Dr. Edwin A. Salsitz has been an attending physician in the Mount Sinai Beth Israel , Division of Chemical Dependency, since 1983, and is an Assistant Professor of Medicine at the Mount Sinai Icahn School of Medicine. He is the principal investigator of the Methadone Medical Maintenance(office-based methadone maintenance) research project. Dr. Salsitz is certified by the American Board of Addiction Medicine(ABAM), as well as by the Board of Internal Medicine and Pulmonary Disease. He has published and lectures frequently on addiction medicine topics.
Dr. Salsitz is a course director for ASAM sponsored buprenorphine trainings, and is a mentor in the PCSS mentoring program, both for buprenorphine and opioids. He has co-chaired the ASAM Review Course, the ASAM Common Threads Course, the ASAM State of the Art course and is a reviewer for the Journal of Addiction Medicine. Dr. Salsitz is the Co-chair of the ASAM CME committee and Chair of the New York Society of Addiction Medine CME and Education committee. He currently is the chair of the ASAM REMS ER/LA Committee.
Dr. Salsitz is a member of the medical advisory panel, for the New York State Office of Alcohol and Substance Abuse Services.
American Society of Addiction Medicine Annual Award
Physicians and scientists on the faculty of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai often interact with pharmaceutical, device and biotechnology companies to improve patient care, develop new therapies and achieve scientific breakthroughs. In order to promote an ethical and transparent environment for conducting research, providing clinical care and teaching, Mount Sinai requires that salaried faculty inform the School of their relationships with such companies.
Below are financial relationships with industry reported by Dr. Salsitz during 2014 and/or 2015. Please note that this information may differ from information posted on corporate sites due to timing or classification differences.
Industry-Sponsored Lectures: MSSM faculty occasionally give lectures at events sponsored by industry, but only if the events are free of any marketing purpose.
- RB plc (formerly known as Reckitt Benckiser)
Mount Sinai's faculty policies relating to faculty collaboration with industry are posted on our website. Patients may wish to ask their physician about the activities they perform for companies.
Physicians who provide services at hospitals and facilities in the Mount Sinai Health System might not participate in the same health plans as those Mount Sinai hospitals and facilities (even if the physicians are employed or contracted by those hospitals or facilities).
Information regarding insurance participation and billing by this physician may be found on this page, and can also be obtained by contacting this provider directly. Because physicians insurance participation can change, the insurance information on this page may not always be up-to-date. Please contact this physician directly to obtain the most up-to-date insurance information.
Insurance and health plan networks that the various Mount Sinai Health System hospitals and facilities participate in can be found on the Mount Sinai Health System website.
10 Union Square East
New York, NY 10003