- SENIOR FACULTY Medicine, Cardiology
American Board of Internal Medicine
- Acute Coronary Syndrome
- Aortic Insufficiency
- Aortic Regurgitation
- Atrioventricular Septal Defect
- Bacterial Endocarditis
- Cardiac Arrest
- Cardiac Tamponade
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Echocardiogram, Electrocardiogram
- Echocardiogram/Transesophageal Echocardiography
- General Cardiology
- Heart Attack/Acute Coronary Syndrome
- Heart Block
- Heart Disease
- Hyperthropic Cardiomyopathy
- Metabolic Syndrome
- Mitral Stenosis
- Mitral Valve Disease
- Premature Ventricular Beats
- Renovascular Hypertension
- Sleep Apnea
- Valvular Heart Disease
- Vasospastic Disease
- Ventricular Fibrillation
- Ventricular Tachycardia
MD, SUNY Downstate Medical Center
Residency, Internal Medicine
Long Island Jewish Medical Center
Fellowship, Nuclear Cardiology
New York Presbyterian - Weill Cornell Medical Center
- Dr. Jay J. Dubowsky has over 21 years of experience and is presently the Director of Nuclear Medicine at Mount Sinai Manhasset Medical. He graduated Cum Laude from the SUNY Health Sciences center at Brooklyn (Downstate) College of Medicine and completed his Medical Internship and Residency at New York University and was a Clinical Cardiology Fellow at North Shore-Long Island Jewish Medical Center. In his final year Dr. Dubowsky was Chief Fellow then went on to a Subspecialty Fellowship in Nuclear Cardiovascular Imaging at Weill Cornell Medical Center.
Dr. Dubowsky is Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Clinical
Cardiology and Nuclear Cardiology. He has been selected as a Fellow of
the American College of Cardiology and a Fellow of the American Society of Nuclear Cardiology. Dr. Dubowsky was the Director of Nuclear Cardiology at the Weill Cornell Medical Center from 1999-2000 prior to coming to Mount Sinai-Manhasset Medical Associates.
Dr. Dubowsky is a Consultative Cardiologist with a specialty in the
diagnosis of coronary artery disease, cardiovascular risk
stratification, and noninvasive cardiology. He has expertise in all
areas of clinical cardiology including management of hypertension,
hypercholesterolemia, coronary artery disease, valvular heart disease, congestive heart failure, diastolic dysfunction, arrhythmias and atrial fibrillation.
Dr. Dubowsky is the Director of the CHF program at the Sands Point
Center for Health and Rehabilitation in Port Washington, New York. As well as, an Assistant Medical Director for the Town of North
Hempstead in Nassau County, and a Consultative Cardiologist working
with the police and fire departments. Dr.Dubowsky is also active in Hospital affair including on the Library Committee at St. Francis Hospital and having leadership role in the Utilization Management Program.
Dr. Dubowsky is a Consultative Cardiologist for the Island Peer Review
Organization and LIVANTA. He is active in community affairs and has been active in charity events including the Knickerbocker Cup, a charity race benefiting St. Francis Hospital. He has twice been nominated to the Board of Directors of the Cornell University/College of Human Ecology Alumni Association.
His outside interests include spending time with his family, is a Cub Scout leader, Cubmaster and treasurer for his local troop.
Physicians and scientists on the faculty of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai often interact with pharmaceutical, device and biotechnology companies to improve patient care, develop new therapies and achieve scientific breakthroughs. In order to promote an ethical and transparent environment for conducting research, providing clinical care and teaching, Mount Sinai requires that salaried faculty inform the School of their relationships with such companies.
Dr. Dubowsky has not yet completed reporting of Industry relationships.
Mount Sinai's faculty policies relating to faculty collaboration with industry are posted on our website at http://icahn.mssm.edu/about-us/services-and-resources/faculty-resources/handbooks-and-policies/faculty-handbook. Patients may wish to ask their physician about the activities they perform for companies.
1615 Northern Blvd
Manhasset, NY 11030