- ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR Pediatrics
American Board of Pediatrics
MD, University of New Mexico
Children's Hosp. Natl. Medical Ctr.
Fellowship, Pediatric Nephrology
Mount Sinai Hospital
University of Texas - Southwestern Medical School
- Jeff Saland, MD is the Chief of the Division of Pediatric Nephrology and Hypertension and Medical Director of the Pediatric Kidney Transplant Service at the Recanati Miller Transplant Institute (RMTI) of Mount Sinai. Dr. Saland’s clinical practice involves the entire range of diagnosis and treatment of kidney diseases in children including dialysis and kidney transplantation. Examples of conditions treated are nephrotic syndrome, glomerulonephritis, HUS, tubular and acid disorders, kidney stones, vesicoureteral reflux, hydronephrosis, genetic diseases, kidney injury due to toxic medications or injury, as well as kidney disease due to cysts or other malformations. Integrated and consultative care with the pediatric urology service is a hallmark of the practice when the urinary tract is involved. Dr. Saland’s practice also includes prenatal consultation when monitoring suggests a kidney problem during pregnancy. In addition to management of kidney disease, the diagnosis and treatment of high blood pressure in children is another major focus of Dr. Saland’s clinical practice, which includes access to ambulatory blood pressure monitoring. Dr. Saland supervises outpatient office visits, inpatient care, and both home and in-center dialysis, and he is involved in teaching fellows and residents.
2013 - 2015
NY Magazine Best Doctors
Sarnak MJ, Bloom R, Muntner P, Rahman M, Saland JM, Wilson PW, Fried L. KDOQI US Commentary on the 2013 KDIGO Clinical Practice Guideline for Lipid Management in CKD. American journal of kidney diseases : the official journal of the National Kidney Foundation 2014 Nov;.
Matloff RG, Diamond R, Weinberg A, Arnon R, Saland JM. Biliary Atresia is Associated With Hypertension. Journal of pediatric gastroenterology and nutrition 2015 Feb;.
Physicians and scientists on the faculty of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai often interact with pharmaceutical, device and biotechnology companies to improve patient care, develop new therapies and achieve scientific breakthroughs. In order to promote an ethical and transparent environment for conducting research, providing clinical care and teaching, Mount Sinai requires that salaried faculty inform the School of their relationships with such companies.
Dr. Saland did not report having any of the following types of financial relationships with industry during 2015 and/or 2016: consulting, scientific advisory board, industry-sponsored lectures, service on Board of Directors, participation on industry-sponsored committees, equity ownership valued at greater than 5% of a publicly traded company or any value in a privately held company. Please note that this information may differ from information posted on corporate sites due to timing or classification differences.
Mount Sinai's faculty policies relating to faculty collaboration with industry are posted on our website. Patients may wish to ask their physician about the activities they perform for companies.
Physicians who provide services at hospitals and facilities in the Mount Sinai Health System might not participate in the same health plans as those Mount Sinai hospitals and facilities (even if the physicians are employed or contracted by those hospitals or facilities).
Information regarding insurance participation and billing by this physician may be found on this page, and can also be obtained by contacting this provider directly. Because physicians insurance participation can change, the insurance information on this page may not always be up-to-date. Please contact this physician directly to obtain the most up-to-date insurance information.
Insurance and health plan networks that the various Mount Sinai Health System hospitals and facilities participate in can be found on the Mount Sinai Health System website.
Annenberg Building Floor 14 Room 22
1468 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10029
5 East 98th Street
New York, NY 10029
- Tuesday 9:00am - 11:30am
- Wednesday 1:00pm - 4:30pm
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna POS
- Aetna PPO
- BCBS EPO
- BCBS HMO
- BCBS PPO
- Cigna - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire United Health Care / Empire Plan
- Fidelis Medicare
- GHI CBP PPO
- HIP Commercial
- HIP Medicaid
- HealthPlus, Inc.
- Medicaid of New York
- MetroPlus Health Plan
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- United Healthcare - Mount Sinai Top Tier
- United Healthcare Commercial
- UnitedHealthcare Community Plan
- Master Card
- American Express
- Personal Check