- ASSISTANT CLINICAL PROFESSOR Family Medicine & Community Health
- ASSISTANT CLINICAL PROFESSOR Preventive Medicine
American Board of Family Medicine
MD, Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Montefiore Medical Center
Regional Nutrition Center
M.S.W., Hunter College School of Social Work
M.P.H., Columbia School of Public Health
B.A., Simmons College
M.D., Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Residency, Family Medicine
Montefiore Medical Center
- Dr. Jenny Walker is the Division Chief and Clerkship Director for Family Medicine. She is Board Certified in Family Medicine and joined Mount Sinai in November 2003. Previously, she opened and developed a community-based Family Medicine clinical site for St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center and a high school-based clinical site for the Montefiore School-Based Health Program at the 1199 School for Social Change. She also had a clinical practice and precepted at the Montefiore Family Health Center. Since coming to Mount Sinai, she has developed a Family Medicine venue at Boriken Neighborhood Health Center, re-organized the Family Medicine Clerkship and developed an innovative aspect of medical student teaching. She is the faculty advisor for the Family Medicine Interest Group and Co-course Director for the M.P.H. Introduction to Public Health Nutrition and Socio-Behavioral Health courses. She participates in the East Harlem Community Health Committee Pediatric/Child Health Sub-committee, Mount Sinai Culture and Health Working Group, and the Enhancing Education for Chronic Illness Care group. She is also a published poet and a photographer.
Santa Chervu Memorial Award for Excellence in Geriatrics
Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Roch Slyster Award in Psychiatry
America Medical Association
ResearchInteractions between mental and physical health; health disparities; clinical research; and communications and learning.
Physicians and scientists on the faculty of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai often interact with pharmaceutical, device and biotechnology companies to improve patient care, develop new therapies and achieve scientific breakthroughs. In order to promote an ethical and transparent environment for conducting research, providing clinical care and teaching, Mount Sinai requires that salaried faculty inform the School of their relationships with such companies.
Dr.Walker is not currently required to report Industry relationships.
Mount Sinai's faculty policies relating to faculty collaboration with industry are posted on our website. Patients may wish to ask their physician about the activities they perform for companies.
Physicians who provide services at hospitals and facilities in the Mount Sinai Health System might not participate in the same health plans as those Mount Sinai hospitals and facilities (even if the physicians are employed or contracted by those hospitals or facilities).
Information regarding insurance participation and billing by this physician may be found on this page, and can also be obtained by contacting this provider directly. Because physicians insurance participation can change, the insurance information on this page may not always be up-to-date. Please contact this physician directly to obtain the most up-to-date insurance information.
Insurance and health plan networks that the various Mount Sinai Health System hospitals and facilities participate in can be found on the Mount Sinai Health System website.
266 W. 145th Street
New York, NY 10039
- Tuesday 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Thursday 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Saturday 9:00am - 1:00pm
- 1199 National Benefit Fund
- Aetna Indeminty
- Aetna U.S. Healthcare
- Best Doctor
- Blue Cross/ Blue Shield
- Blue Cross/ Blue Shield - HMO
- Blue Sheild Wrap Around - HMO
- Blue Shield Wrap Around
- Blue Shield Wrap Around Plus
- Blue Shield Wrap Around Plus - HMO
- Blue Shield of Connecticut
- CIGNA - Indemnity
- CIGNA Healthcare HMO
- CarePlus, LLC
- CenterCare Medicaid
- Cigna - HMO
- Devon Health Services
- Empire Blue Cross/ Blue Shield - HMO
- Fidelis Care NY
- First Health
- Group Health Insurance, Inc.
- HIP of New Jersey
- Health Insurance Plan (HIP)
- HealthPlus, Inc.
- Island Group
- MultiPlan, Inc.
- Neighborhood Health Providers, LLC
- Oxford Health Plans
- Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Travel Care Services
- United Healthcare
Community & Preventive Medicine
17 E102nd Street
New York, NY 10029