- INSTRUCTOR (PENDING) Pediatrics, Gastroenterology
American Board of Pediatrics
MD, SUNY at Stony Brook School of Medicine
North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System
Fellowship, Pediatric Gastroenterology
Mount Sinai Hospital
- Dr. Joanne Lai is a Clinical Instructor in the Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Hepatology. Dr. Lai completed her undergraduate education at the University of Pennsylvania with a Bachelor of Arts in Biology and obtained her medical degree at Stony Brook University School of Medicine. She completed her internship and residency in Pediatrics at Cohen Children's Medical Center of North Shore LIJ, followed by a faculty position in their Division of General Pediatrics. She then completed her fellowship in Pediatric Gastroenterology and Hepatology at Mount Sinai. Her research during fellowship involved the effect of a Chinese herbal preparation in children with Crohn's disease and has been presented at national conferences. She plans on continuing clinical research projects in the fields of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Transplant Hepatology. Dr. Lai cares for children with a variety of gastrointestinal and liver diseases including inflammatory bowel disease, celiac disease, reflux, constipation, hepatitis, liver failure, and liver transplant.
Lai J, Taouli B, Iyer K, Arnon R, Thung S, Magid M, Kerkar N. Cholangiolocellular Carcinoma in a Pediatric Patient with Small Duct Sclerosing Cholangitis: A Case Report. Semin Liver Dis 2012; 32: 36-6.
Levine J, Lai J, Edelman M, Schuval S. Conservative long-term treatment of children with eosinophilic esophagitis. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2012; 108: 363-6.
Physicians and scientists on the faculty of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai often interact with pharmaceutical, device and biotechnology companies to improve patient care, develop new therapies and achieve scientific breakthroughs. In order to promote an ethical and transparent environment for conducting research, providing clinical care and teaching, Mount Sinai requires that salaried faculty inform the School of their relationships with such companies.
Dr. Lai has not yet completed reporting of Industry relationships.
Mount Sinai's faculty policies relating to faculty collaboration with industry are posted on our website at http://icahn.mssm.edu/about-us/services-and-resources/faculty-resources/handbooks-and-policies/faculty-handbook. Patients may wish to ask their physician about the activities they perform for companies.
Faculty Practice Associates
5 East 98th Street, 10 Floor
New York, NY 10029
- Monday 1:00pm - 4:00pm
- Wednesday 9:00am - 12:00pm
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- GHI CBP PPO
- HIP Commercial
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- U.S. HealthCare, Inc.
- United Empire
- United Health - PPO
- United Health Care - Mount Sinai Top Tier
- United Health Care Commercial
- United Healthcare - HMO
- Master Card
- American Express
- Personal Check