- ASSISTANT PROFESSOR Genetics and Genomic Sciences
- ASSISTANT PROFESSOR Population Health Science and Policy
- Dr. Dudley is currently Assistant Professor of Genetics and Genomic Sciences and Director of Biomedical Informatics at Mount Sinai School of Medicine. Prior to Mount Sinai, he held positions as Co-founder and Director of Informatics at NuMedii, Inc. and Consulting Professor of Systems Medicine in the Department of Pediatrics at Stanford University School of Medicine, where he participated in leading research to incorporate genome sequencing into clinical practice (published in The Lancet, Cell, and PLoS Genetics).
Dr. Dudley's current research is focused towards solving key problems in genomics and precision medicine through the development and application of translational and biomedical informatics methodologies. His lab publishes in the areas of bioinformatics, genomic medicine, personal and clinical genomics, as well as drug and biomarker discovery. His recent work with co-authors describing a novel systems based approach for computational drug repositioning (published in Science Translational Medicine) was featured in the print edition of the Wall Street Journal, and earned designation as the NHGRI Director's Genome Advance of the Month. He is co-author of the book Exploring Personal Genomics from Oxford University Press.
He received a BS in Microbiology from Arizona State University and an MS and PhD in Biomedical Informatics from Stanford University School of Medicine.
Physicians and scientists on the faculty of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai often interact with pharmaceutical, device and biotechnology companies to improve patient care, develop new therapies and achieve scientific breakthroughs. In order to promote an ethical and transparent environment for conducting research, providing clinical care and teaching, Mount Sinai requires that salaried faculty inform the School of their relationships with such companies.
Below are financial relationships with industry reported by Dr. Dudley during 2014 and/or 2015. Please note that this information may differ from information posted on corporate sites due to timing or classification differences.
- GlaxoSmithKline; Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Industry-Sponsored Lectures: MSSM faculty occasionally give lectures at events sponsored by industry, but only if the events are free of any marketing purpose.
- NuMedii, Inc.; Personalis
Equity (Stock or stock options valued at greater than 5% ownership of a publicly traded company or equity of any value in a privately held company)
- Ayasdi, Inc.; Ecoeos, Inc.; NuMedii, Inc.; Ontomics, Inc.
Mount Sinai's faculty policies relating to faculty collaboration with industry are posted on our website at http://icahn.mssm.edu/about-us/services-and-resources/faculty-resources/handbooks-and-policies/faculty-handbook. Patients may wish to ask their physician about the activities they perform for companies.
Icahn Medical Institute Floor 3 Room 45
1425 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10029