- ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR Medicine, Hematology and Medical Oncology
MD, New York Medical College
Residency, Internal Medicine
Rhode Island Hospital
Mount Sinai Hospital
- Dr. John Mascarenhas is a clinical investigator in malignant hematology with a focus in translational research involving the Myeloproliferative Neoplasms. Dr. Mascarenhas is primarily responsible for the clinical trials arm of the Mount Sinai School of Medicine Myeloproliferative Disorders Program headed by Dr. Ronald Hoffman. This program offers phase I/II and III studies for patients with myelofibrosis, polycythemia vera, essential thrombocythemia, chronic myelogenous leukemia, and forms of acute myeloid leukemia. In addition, Dr. Mascarenhas treats patients with myelodysplastic syndrome, hypereosinophilic syndrome, systemic mastocytosis, chronic myelomonocytic leukemia and related issues.
- A Phase I/II Open Label Study of LBH589, a Novel Histone Deacetylase Inhibitor (HDACi), in Patients with Primary Myelofibrosis (PMF) and Post-Polycythemia/Essential Thrombocythemia Myelofibrosis (Post-PV/ET MF)
- A Phase I/II, Open Label Multi-Centre Study to Assess the Safety, Tolerability, Pharmacokinetics and Preliminary Efficacy of the JAK2 inhibitor AZD1480 Administered Orally to Patients with Primary Myelofibrosis (PMF) and Post-Polycythaemia Vera/Essential Thrombocythaemia Myelofibrosis (Post-PV/ET MF)
- Phase I study of GC1008 in patients with primary myelofibrosis (PMF), post-polycythemia vera/essential thrombocythemia related myelofibrosis (post-PV/ET MF) and essential thrombocythemia (ET)
In this episode of "Healthy Body, Healthy Mind" Dr. Mascarenhas discusses myelofibrosis - including why it's an unfamiliar term for many people, the rarity of the disease, and the age at which most people are diagnosed.
2010 - 2010
Richard E. Rosenfeld Faculty Achievement Award
Mascarenhas J, Navada S, Malone A, Rodriguez A, Najfeld V, Hoffman R. Therapeutic options for patients with myelofibrosis in blast phase. Leukemia Research 2010 June; 34(9): 1246-1249.
- Open label study of single agent oral RG7388 in patients with polycythemia vera and essential thrombocythemia, with pilot feasibility study in combination with pegylated interferon alfa 2a
- A Phase 2, Open-Label, Prospective Study of PRM-151 in Subjects with Primary Myelofibrosis (PMF), Post-Polycythemia Vera MF (post-PV MF), or Post-Essential Thrombocythemia MF (post-ET MF)
- Combination Therapy of Ruxolitinib and Decitabine in patients with Myeloproliferative Neoplasms in Accelerated and Blast Phase Disease
- Exploring the Potential of Dual Kinase JAK 1/2 Inhibitor Ruxolitinib (INC424) with Reduced Intensity Allogeneic Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation in Patients with Myelofibrosis – A phase II study
- Phase I/II Study of Combination oral JAK2 tyrosine kinase inhibitor (JAK2-TKI) and Histone Deacetylase Inhibitor (HDACI) therapy in patients with Myelofibrosis
- An Open-Label, Multiple Simon 2-Stage Study of INCB039110 Administered Orally to Subjects with Primary Myelofibrosis (PMF), Post Polycythemia Vera-Myelofibrosis (PPV-MF) or Post Essential Thrombocythemia-Myelofibrosis (PET-MF)
- A Randomized Controlled Phase 3 Study of Oral Pacritinib versus Best Available Therapy in Patients with Thrombocytopenia and Primary Myelofibrosis, Post-Polycythemia Vera Myelofibrosis, or Post-Essential Thrombocythemia Myelofibrosis
- A Randomized, Single-Blind, Multicenter Phase 2 Study to Evaluate the Activity of 2 Dose
- A Phase 2 Pilot Trial of Ruxolitinib combined with Danazol for Patients with Primary Myelofibrosis (MF), Post Essential Thrombocythemia-Myelofibrosis (Post ET) and Post Polycythemia Vera Myelofibrosis (PV MF) Suffering from Anemia
Physicians and scientists on the faculty of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai often interact with pharmaceutical, device and biotechnology companies to improve patient care, develop new therapies and achieve scientific breakthroughs. In order to promote an ethical and transparent environment for conducting research, providing clinical care and teaching, Mount Sinai requires that salaried faculty inform the School of their relationships with such companies.
Dr. Mascarenhas did not report having any of the following types of financial relationships with industry during 2015 and/or 2016: consulting, scientific advisory board, industry-sponsored lectures, service on Board of Directors, participation on industry-sponsored committees, equity ownership valued at greater than 5% of a publicly traded company or any value in a privately held company. Please note that this information may differ from information posted on corporate sites due to timing or classification differences.
Mount Sinai's faculty policies relating to faculty collaboration with industry are posted on our website. Patients may wish to ask their physician about the activities they perform for companies.
Physicians who provide services at hospitals and facilities in the Mount Sinai Health System might not participate in the same health plans as those Mount Sinai hospitals and facilities (even if the physicians are employed or contracted by those hospitals or facilities).
Information regarding insurance participation and billing by this physician may be found on this page, and can also be obtained by contacting this provider directly. Because physicians insurance participation can change, the insurance information on this page may not always be up-to-date. Please contact this physician directly to obtain the most up-to-date insurance information.
Insurance and health plan networks that the various Mount Sinai Health System hospitals and facilities participate in can be found on the Mount Sinai Health System website.
Annenberg Building Floor Atran E Room ABE-09
1468 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10029
1470 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10029
- Access Meicare
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Health Insurance Plan (HIP) - HMO
- Island Group
- Medicaid of New York
- MetroPlus Health Plan
- MultiPlan, Inc.
- Oxford Health Plans
- United Healthcare
- VNS Medicare
- WellCare of New York, Inc.
- Master Card
- American Express
- Personal Check
- Credit Card (Other)