Lewis R Silverman, MD
- ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR | Medicine, Hematology and Medical Oncology
- ASSISTANT PROFESSOR | Oncological Sciences
Specialties:Cancer (Oncology), Hematology-Oncology
American Board of Internal Medicine
MD, University of Brussels
Residency, Internal Medicine, Metropolitan Hospital Center
Residency, Internal Medicine, Montefiore Medical Center
Fellowship, Hematology, Montefiore Medical Center
Fellowship, Neopalstic Diseases, Mount Sinai Hospital
- A Phase III, International, Randomized, Controlled Study of Rigosertib versus
The purpose of this study is to evaluate the safety and effectiveness of an experimental drug called rigosertib when it is given to people with MDS. An experimental drug is not approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for use except in research st...
- A Study to Evaluate Imetelstat (JNJ-63935937) in Transfusion-Dependent Subjects with IPSS Low or Intermediate-1 Risk Myelodysplastic Syndrome (MDS) that is Relapsed/Refractory to Erythropoiesis-Stimulating Agent (ESA) Treatment
The purpose of the study is to evaluate the efficacy and safety of the experimental study drug imetelstat for the treatment of subjects with myelodysplastic syndrome. An experimental drug is one that is not approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA)...
- A Phase 1 Study to Evaluate the Safety and Tolerability of MEDI4736 in Subjects with Myelodysplastic Syndrome after Treatment with Hypomethylating Agents
The purpose of this study is to evaluate the safety and effectiveness of an experimental drug called MEDI4736, to treat myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS). An experimental drug is one that is being tested and is not available to buy on the market. MEDI4736 is an antibo...
- Phase I-II Study of Vorinostat Combined with Azacitidine
There are two drugs that will be used in this study. One is called vorinostat, which belongs to a group of drugs known as histone deacetylase inhibitors (HDAC). HDAC inhibitors are drugs that prevent the removal of certain molecules attached to important proteins surrounding a...
- A Phase 3, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study to Compare Efficacy and Safety of Oral Azacitidine Plus Best Supportive Care Versus Best Supportive Care as Maintenance Therapy in Subjects with Acute Myeloid Leukemia in Complete Remission. (CC-486-AML-001)
Benisovich VI, Silverman L, Stone N, Cohen E. Cisplatin-based chemotherapy in renal transplant recipients. A case report and a review of the literature. Cancer 1996; 77(1): 160-163.