- ASSISTANT PROFESSOR Medical Education
- ASSISTANT PROFESSOR Pediatrics
American Board of Pediatrics
MD, Mount Sinai School of Medicine
Mount Sinai Hospital
- An Assistant Professor of Medical Education and Pediatrics, Lori Zbar, MD is the Icahn School of Medicine Director of Student Health and Wellness. Dr. Zbar received a Bachelor of Arts cum laude from Yale University and her medical degree from the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, where she also completed her residency in Pediatrics. As a faculty member, she enjoys teaching students and residents as well as caring for patients through the Mount Sinai Student Health Center. She is dedicated to wellness programming and innovation in both the curricular and extracurricular realms of the medical center.
Dr. Zbar has also served as an attending clinician/educator at the Mount Sinai Global Health partner site in Monrovia, Liberia. She remains committed to working with medical trainees to provide healthcare to underserved communities around the world. She is the recipient of numerous awards for clinical excellence.
2010 - 2011
American Registry Compassionate Doctor Award
The Donald and Irwin Gribetz Award for Excellence in Primary Care
2008 - 2013
Patient’s Choice Recognition Award
Physicians and scientists on the faculty of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai often interact with pharmaceutical, device and biotechnology companies to improve patient care, develop new therapies and achieve scientific breakthroughs. In order to promote an ethical and transparent environment for conducting research, providing clinical care and teaching, Mount Sinai requires that salaried faculty inform the School of their relationships with such companies.
Dr. Zbar did not report having any of the following types of financial relationships with industry during 2015 and/or 2016: consulting, scientific advisory board, industry-sponsored lectures, service on Board of Directors, participation on industry-sponsored committees, equity ownership valued at greater than 5% of a publicly traded company or any value in a privately held company. Please note that this information may differ from information posted on corporate sites due to timing or classification differences.
Mount Sinai's faculty policies relating to faculty collaboration with industry are posted on our website. Patients may wish to ask their physician about the activities they perform for companies.
Physicians who provide services at hospitals and facilities in the Mount Sinai Health System might not participate in the same health plans as those Mount Sinai hospitals and facilities (even if the physicians are employed or contracted by those hospitals or facilities).
Information regarding insurance participation and billing by this physician may be found on this page, and can also be obtained by contacting this provider directly. Because physicians insurance participation can change, the insurance information on this page may not always be up-to-date. Please contact this physician directly to obtain the most up-to-date insurance information.
Insurance and health plan networks that the various Mount Sinai Health System hospitals and facilities participate in can be found on the Mount Sinai Health System website.
17 East 102nd Street
New York, NY 10029
- Monday 8:30am - 4:30pm
- Tuesday 8:30am - 4:30pm
- Wednesday 8:30am - 4:30pm
- Thursday 10:00am - 6:00pm
- Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm
- Aetna PPO
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross/ Blue Shield
- Cigna - HMO
- MultiPlan, Inc.
- Oxford Health Plans
- United Healthcare
- Master Card