- ASSISTANT PROFESSOR Rehabilitation Medicine
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
MD, Medical College of Pennsylvania Hospital
New York University School of Medicine
Residency, Rehabilitation Medicine
- Dr. Lori Garjian is a graduate of Barnard College(1982) and the Medical College of Pennsylvania (1986). She completed her internship at NYU Medical Center and residency training in Rehabilitation Medicine at the Rusk Institute where she remained on the faculty as an attending physician from 1990-1996. She joined Beth Israel's Institute of Neurology and Neurosurgery in 1996 where she was the chief physiatrist caring for adult and children's post-neurosurgical rehab needs.
In July 2008, Dr. Garjian joined the Rehabilitation Medicine Department at Mt. Sinai. Her outpatient practice interests include treating patients with musculoskeletal injuries and myofascial pain with a blend of traditional physiatric care and medical acupuncture.
Physicians and scientists on the faculty of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai often interact with pharmaceutical, device and biotechnology companies to improve patient care, develop new therapies and achieve scientific breakthroughs. In order to promote an ethical and transparent environment for conducting research, providing clinical care and teaching, Mount Sinai requires that salaried faculty inform the School of their relationships with such companies.
Dr. Garjian did not report having any of the following types of financial relationships with industry during 2013 and/or 2014: consulting, scientific advisory board, industry-sponsored lectures, service on Board of Directors, participation on industry-sponsored committees, equity ownership valued at greater than 5% of a publicly traded company or any value in a privately held company. Please note that this information may differ from information posted on corporate sites due to timing or classification differences.
Mount Sinai's faculty policies relating to faculty collaboration with industry are posted on our website at http://icahn.mssm.edu/about-us/services-and-resources/faculty-resources/handbooks-and-policies/faculty-handbook. Patients may wish to ask their physician about the activities they perform for companies.
Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, Box 1240
1425 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10029
Rehabilitation Medicine Associates
5 East 98th Street, 6th Floor
New York, NY 10029
- Monday 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Tuesday 9:00am - 1:00pm
- Wednesday 9:00am - 1:00pm
- Thursday 9:00am - 1:00pm
- Friday 9:00am - 1:00pm
- BCBS Child Health Plus
- BCBS Direct POS
- BCBS EPO
- BCBS HMO
- BCBS Health New York
- BCBS Indemnity
- BCBS MediBlue HMO
- BCBS MediBlue PPO
- BCBS PPO
- Empire BCBS Pathway X - Enhanced
- HIP Commercial
- Local 1199
- Oxford (Medicare)
- Oxford Health Plans
- Oxford Liberty
- Railroad Medicare
- United Health Care Empire Plan
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare Medicare