Marvin S Gilbert, MD
- CLINICAL PROFESSOR | Orthopaedics
DR. GILBERT IS A CLINICAL PROFESSOR OF ORTHOPEDIC SURGERY AT THE ICHAN SCHOOL OF MEDICINE AT MOUNT SINAI. HE HAS FORTY YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN RECONSTRUCTIVE SURGERY OF THE HIP AND KNEE AND IS NOW A SENIOR CONSULTANT IN ARTHRITIS AND FRACTURES OF THE HIP, KNEE, ANKLE, AND FOOT. He has been cited as Best Doctor in New York Magazine, New York Times Doctors Issue and in the Castle Connolly Guide “How to find the best doctors”. HONORS, AWARDS/PATENTS
- Coakley Memorial Prize College of Physicians & Surgeons, 1964
- Distinguished Service Award National Hemophilia Foundation, 1974
- Humanitarian Award National Hemophilia Foundation, 1986
- Distinguished Presentation Award Hemophilia Association of Illinois, 1988
- Honorary Award National Hemophilia Foundation, 1989
- Honorary Award Hemophilia Association of Puerto Rico, 1992
- Honorary Service Award University of Puerto Rico, 1997
- Excellence Award Ortho-Geriatrics Team Mount Sinai Hospital, 1998
- Pietrogrande Prize- Lifetime Achievement Award Musculoskeletal Committee World
- Federation of Hemophilia, 2005
- Physician of the Year National Hemophilia Foundation, 2005
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Ankle Sprain
- Femoral Fracture
- Hip Fracture
MD, Columbia Univ. Col. of Phy. & Surg.
Residency, Surgery, Bellevue Hospital Center
Residency, Orthopaedic Surgery, Mount Sinai Hospital
DeLaMora SN, Gilbert M. Introduction of intracapsular hip fractures: anatomy and pathologic features. Clinical orthopaedics and related research 2002 Jun;(399).
Orosz GM, Hannan EL, Magaziner J, Koval K, Gilbert M, Aufses A, Straus E, Vespe E, Siu AL. Hip fracture in the older patient: reasons for delay in hospitalization and timing of surgical repair. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society 2002 Aug; 50(8).
Morrison RS, Magaziner J, Gilbert M, Koval KJ, McLaughlin MA, Orosz G, Strauss E, Siu AL. Relationship between pain and opioid analgesics on the development of delirium following hip fracture. The journals of gerontology. Series A, Biological sciences and medical sciences 2003 Jan; 58(1).
Boockvar KS, Halm EA, Litke A, Silberzweig SB, McLaughlin M, Penrod JD, Magaziner J, Koval K, Strauss E, Siu AL. Hospital readmissions after hospital discharge for hip fracture: surgical and nonsurgical causes and effect on outcomes. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society 2003 Mar; 51(3).
Orosz GM, Magaziner J, Hannan EL, Morrison RS, Koval K, Gilbert M, McLaughlin M, Halm EA, Wang JJ, Litke A, Silberzweig SB, Siu AL. Association of timing of surgery for hip fracture and patient outcomes. JAMA 2004 Apr; 291(14).
Cornwall R, Gilbert MS, Koval KJ, Strauss E, Siu AL. Functional outcomes and mortality vary among different types of hip fractures: a function of patient characteristics. Clinical orthopaedics and related research 2004 Aug;(425).
Cahlon O, Klepps S, Cleeman E, Flatow E, Gilbert M. A retrospective radiographic review of hemophilic shoulder arthropathy. Clinical orthopaedics and related research 2004 Jun;(423).