- ASSISTANT PROFESSOR Dermatology
American Board of Dermatology
MD, Mount Sinai School of Medicine
Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center
Cook County Hospital
- Dr. Michael E. Eidelman is a board certified dermatologist who specializes in aesthetic medicine. He is a graduate of Cornell University, received his Doctorate in Medicine from the Mount Sinai School of Medicine and completed his training at Columbia Presbyterian Hospital in New York and Cook County Medical Center in Chicago. His medical training is unique having done specialty externships at Valladolid Hospital in Spain, Soroka Medical Center in Israel, Hospital Garrahan in Argentina and the Papago Indian Reservation in Arizona.
Dr. Eidelman has an interest in both medical and cosmetic dermatology. He lectures regularly on skin cancer awareness and as Assistant Professor of Dermatology at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai teaches dermatology residents and fellows how to perform laser treatments, chemical peels and cosmetic procedures including Botox®, Dysport®, Xeomin®, Sculptra®, dermal fillers such as Voluma™, Restylane®, Juvederm® and Perlane®. Dr. Eidelman served on staff at Beth Israel where he taught resident doctors in dermatology during their surgical and cosmetic clinic rotations. Dr. Eidelman has been honored as "Teacher of the Year" for his devotion to the teaching of dermatology. He also demonstrates and teaches his advanced cosmetic techniques to doctors from all over the world. His findings, research, data and techniques using Botulinum toxins and dermal fillers have been presented at the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery (ASDS.net) and the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD.org) national meetings. They have also been published in Best Practices In Cosmetic Dermatology. In addition to being known for his injection techniques and natural looking results that enhance facial structure, Dr. Eidelman is recognized as a leading expert on cosmetic treatments for men.
Named as one of America's Top Doctors, he has been recognized by CBS, FOX, ABC, NY 1, Telemundo, Rai Italia and numerous publications such as VOGUE and GQ. As founder and Medical Director of Chelsea Skin and Laser, he leads a caring staff in providing attentive, individualized care for a variety of medical, laser and cosmetic treatments.
For more information visit: www.chelseaskincenter.com
2011 - 2012
TopDoc in New York
2010 - 2012
2009 - 2013
Patients' Choice Award
2009 - 2009
Voluntary Teacher of the Year
St. Luke's- Roosevelt Hospital
2009 - 2013
America's Top Dermatologists
1994 - 1994
George James Award for the Best Epidemiologic Study
1991 - 1991
National Institute of Health Research Grant
• Clinical study on the efficacy of Budesine Sodium ointment in the treatment of patients with stage III pressure ulcers. Glen Sussman Ph.D., Illinois Center for Clinical Trials, Chicago, IL. June 1997-June 1998
• Investigation of melanosome biogenesis. Laboratory of Seth Orlow M.D. Ph. D., Department of Dermatology; New York University Medical Center; New York, NY. October 1993-January 1994.
• Case report and review on ulcero-necrotic variant of Mucha-Habermann's Disease. Steven Cohen M.D., Department of Dermatology; Beth Israel Medical Center; New York, NY. October 93-May 94.
• Community medicine research on Diabetes Mellitus trends in the Tohono O'odham Indians. Indian Health Service; Sells, AZ. October 1992.
• Examination of kinetic responses of tissue to Glycerin Trinitrate. National Institute of Health Research Grant. Saul Maayani Ph.D., Mount Sinai School of Medicine; New York, NY. May-August 1991.
Bowe W, Eidelman M, Cohen S. Neurotoxin Techniques for Men. Best Practices in Cosmetic Dermatology 2013;.
Jhin M, Eidelman M, Cohen S, Husain S. Unilateral Eruption in a Child. Archives of Dermatology 2002 October;.
Pierini A, Manassero G, Brown A, Garcia S, Eidelman M. reatment of Giant Congenital Melanocytic Nevi With Tissue Expanders. Abstract for 8th International Congress of Pediatric Dermatology 1998;.
Guralnick M, Goyal S, Remlinger K, Eidelman M, Bronson D. Hepatitis C Induced Cryoglobulinemia Presenting as Urticarial Vasculitis. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology;.
Diment S, Eidelman M, Rodriguez G, Orlow S. Hydrolases Are Present in Melanosomes and Are Elevated in Melanizing Cells. J Bio Chem 1995; 270(9): 4213.
Physicians and scientists on the faculty of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai often interact with pharmaceutical, device and biotechnology companies to improve patient care, develop new therapies and achieve scientific breakthroughs. In order to promote an ethical and transparent environment for conducting research, providing clinical care and teaching, Mount Sinai requires that salaried faculty inform the School of their relationships with such companies.
Dr.Eidelman is not currently required to report Industry relationships.
Mount Sinai's faculty policies relating to faculty collaboration with industry are posted on our website. Patients may wish to ask their physician about the activities they perform for companies.
Mount Sinai Health System (MSHS) physicians - including those employed by MSHS - do not always participate in the same health plans in which MSHS hospitals or facilities participate.
Information regarding insurance participation and billing by this physician may be found on this page or obtained by contacting this provider directly.
Insurance plans that the Mount Sinai Health System hospitals or facilities participate in can be found on the Mount Sinai Health System website.
Chelsea Skin & Laser
245 W 19th Street
New York, NY 10011
245 W 19th Street
New York, NY 10011
- Monday 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Tuesday 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Wednesday 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Thursday 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Master Card
- American Express
- Personal Check