- ASSISTANT PROFESSOR Rehabilitation Medicine
- ASSISTANT PROFESSOR Preventive Medicine
- ASSISTANT PROFESSOR Geriatrics and Palliative Medicine
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
MD, New York Medical College
Residency, Rehabilitation Medicine
New York University Medical Center
- Dr. Frieden is Medical Director of the Amputation Specialty Program and an Assistant Professor in the Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, where he began his career twenty-five years ago. His areas of specialization include the treatment of people with recent amputations as well as those who already wear prostheses, the elderly, musicians, and other performing artists. Dr. Frieden graduated from New York Medical College and completed his residency in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at the Rusk Institute for Rehabilitation Medicine at New York University Medical Center. He plays harmonica, guitar, and keyboards. He has published and lectured widely in his field.
Macron D, Frieden R. Limb Orthoses. In: Spinal Cord Injury, Rehabilitation Medicine Quick Reference. New York, Demos Medical; 2010. pp136-137.
Macron D, Frieden R. Spinal Orthoses. In: Spinal Cord Injury, Rehabilitation Medicine Quick Reference . New York, Demos Medical; pp180-181.
Frieden R. The Geriatric Amputee. Med Rehabil Clin N Am 2005; 16: 179-195.
Ragnarsson K, Schechtman J, Frieden R. Lower-Limb Orthoses. In: O'Young B, Young M, Stiens S, editors. Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Secrets (2nd Ed.) Revised for Third Edition Puiblished 2008. Philadelphia, Hanley & Belfus, Inc.; 2002. pp572-576.
Frieden R. Geriatrics and Rehabilitation Medicine: Common Interests, Common Goals. Mount Sinai J Med 1999; 66: 145-151.
Theme issue on rehabilitation medicine, Mount Sinai J Med . Mount Sinai J Med 1999; 66: 137-205.
Strauss E, Bartlett C, Casden A, Digiovanni G, Frieden R, Hahn M, Karas E, Plate A, Sweet S. Orthopaedic Geriatrics . In: Tallis R, Fillit H, Brocklehurst J, editors. Textbook of Geriatric Medicine and Gerontology (5th Ed.) . Edinburgh, Churchill Livingstone/Harcourt Brace; pp1189-1223.
Frieden R. Conservative Management of Neck Pain. Mount Sinai J Med 1994 may; 61: 197-203.
Frieden R, Gordon W. Early Rehabilitation After Stroke. In: Advances in Stroke Rehabilitation. BOSTON, ANDOVER;.
Frieden R, Ryniker D, Kenan S, Lewis M. Assessment of Patient Function After Limb-Sparing Surgery. Arch Phys Med Rehabil 1993; 74: 38-43.
Frieden R. Conservative Management of Low Back Pain. Mount Sinai J Med 1991 March; 58: 97-100.
Frieden R, Ahn J, Pineda H, Minutoli F, Whelan E. Venous Plethysmography Values in Patients with Spinal Cord Injury. Arch Phys Med Rehabil 1987; 68: 427-429.
Physicians and scientists on the faculty of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai often interact with pharmaceutical, device and biotechnology companies to improve patient care, develop new therapies and achieve scientific breakthroughs. In order to promote an ethical and transparent environment for conducting research, providing clinical care and teaching, Mount Sinai requires that salaried faculty inform the School of their relationships with such companies.
Dr. Frieden did not report having any of the following types of financial relationships with industry during 2014 and/or 2015: consulting, scientific advisory board, industry-sponsored lectures, service on Board of Directors, participation on industry-sponsored committees, equity ownership valued at greater than 5% of a publicly traded company or any value in a privately held company. Please note that this information may differ from information posted on corporate sites due to timing or classification differences.
Mount Sinai's faculty policies relating to faculty collaboration with industry are posted on our website at http://icahn.mssm.edu/about-us/services-and-resources/faculty-resources/handbooks-and-policies/faculty-handbook. Patients may wish to ask their physician about the activities they perform for companies.
Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, Box 1240
1425 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10029
Rehabilitation Medicine Associates
5 East 98th Street, 6th Floor
New York, NY 10029
- Tuesday 1:00pm - 5:00pm
- Wednesday 10:00am - 12:00pm
- Friday 1:00pm - 5:00pm
- BCBS Child Health Plus
- BCBS Direct POS
- BCBS EPO
- BCBS Indemnity
- BCBS MediBlue HMO
- BCBS PPO
- Empire BCBS Pathway X - Enhanced
- No Fault
- Oxford (Medicare)
- Oxford Health Plans
- Oxford Liberty
- Railroad Medicare
- United Health Care Empire Plan
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare Medicare
- Worker's Compensation
- Master Card
- American Express
- Personal Check