- ASSISTANT PROFESSOR Radiation Oncology
MBBCH, University of Witwatersrand
Residency, Internal Medicine
Mount Sinai Hospital
Residency, Radiation Oncology
Mount Sinai Hospital
- I am a radiation oncologist whose clinical practice is dedicated to the treatment of patients with breast cancer. My colleagues and I offer breast cancer treatment using state of the art radiation treatment techniques, customized to each individual, focusing on optimizing treatment outcomes while minimizing any normal tissue toxicity. I am also the co-director of the Stereotactic Radiosurgery Program at Mount Sinai Hospital, which focuses on the non- invasive delivery of highly targeted radiation therapy for management of tumors of the brain and/or spine (both benign and malignant).
My clinical research is focused on optimizing the quality of life of patients undergoing breast cancer radiation therapy. Together with my psychologist colleagues, we have completed several studies evaluating factors which negatively impact quality of life (QOL) and have successfully developed and implemented specific interventions to minimize or prevent a decrease in QOL.
I am a member of several professional organizations including The American Society for Therapeutic Radiation and Oncology, The American College of Radiology and The American Society of Breast Diseases.
America's Top Oncologists
Recognition of Excellence in Teaching Award
The Institute for Medical Education of the Mount Sinai School of Medicine
Teacher of the Year Award
Association of Residents in Radiation Oncology
Community Education Award
American Cancer Society
Montgomery GH, David D, Kangas M, Green S, Sucala M, Bovbjerg DH, Hallquist MN, Schnur JB. Randomized controlled trial of a cognitive-behavioral therapy plus hypnosis intervention to control fatigue in patients undergoing radiotherapy for breast cancer. Journal of clinical oncology : official journal of the American Society of Clinical Oncology 2014 Feb; 32(6).
Lehrer S, Green S, Ramanathan L, Rosenzweig KE. Insufficient sleep associated with increased breast cancer mortality. Sleep medicine 2013 May; 14(5).
Lehrer S, Green S, Ramanathan L, Rosenzweig KE. Obesity and deranged sleep are independently associated with increased cancer mortality in 50 US states and the District of Columbia. Sleep & breathing = Schlaf & Atmung 2013 Sep; 17(3).
Mccormick PJ, Osborn IP, Germano IM, Green S, Deiner SG. Scalp nerve blockade reduces pain after headframe placement in radiosurgery: a double blind, randomized clinical trial. Middle East journal of anaesthesiology 2013 Feb; 22(1).
Physicians and scientists on the faculty of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai often interact with pharmaceutical, device and biotechnology companies to improve patient care, develop new therapies and achieve scientific breakthroughs. In order to promote an ethical and transparent environment for conducting research, providing clinical care and teaching, Mount Sinai requires that salaried faculty inform the School of their relationships with such companies.
Below are financial relationships with industry reported by Dr. Green during 2013 and/or 2014. Please note that this information may differ from information posted on corporate sites due to timing or classification differences.
- Vital Images, Inc.
Mount Sinai's faculty policies relating to faculty collaboration with industry are posted on our website at http://icahn.mssm.edu/about-us/services-and-resources/faculty-resources/handbooks-and-policies/faculty-handbook. Patients may wish to ask their physician about the activities they perform for companies.
1184 Fifth Avenue, 1st Floor
New York, NY 10029
- Monday 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Tuesday 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Wednesday 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Thursday 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm
- 32B-J Building Service
- Aetna U.S. Healthcare
- Anthem Health
- CHAMPUS (Tri-care)
- CIGNA Healthcare HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Group Health Insurance, Inc.
- Health Insurance Plan (HIP)
- HealthFirst/Medicaid HMO
- Medicare Assignment
- MultiPlan, Inc.
- Oxford Health Plans
- Physicians Health Services
- Prem Preferred Care/Beechstreet
- Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS)
- United Health Care Empire Plan
- United Healthcare
- Master Card
- American Express
- Personal Check