- ASSISTANT PROFESSOR Neurology
- ASSISTANT PROFESSOR Pediatrics
Psychiatry & Neurology
MD, University of Adelaide
Montreal Children's Hospital
Residency, Child Neurology
Fellowship, Movement Disorders
- Dr. Pearson is a pediatric neurologist with specialty training in pediatric movement disorders. She received her medical degree from the University of Adelaide in South Australia, and completed residency training in Pediatrics at the Children's Hospital at Westmead in Sydney and at Montreal Children's Hospital. She then moved to New York, where she completed a residency in Child Neurology and a fellowship in Movement Disorders at Columbia University. Her fellowship training also included laboratory research experience in the field of human motor control, using non-invasive techniques of quantitative movement analysis to study motor learning. She was awarded an American Academy of Neurology Foundation clinical research training fellowship in 2009 to study mechanisms of motor learning and recovery in children.
Dr. Pearson evaluates and treats children with movement disorders, including dystonia, tics, chorea, ataxia, dyskinetic cerebral palsy, parkinsonism, tremor, myoclonus, and stereotypies. Her clinical research focuses on pediatric neurotransmitter disorders, such as dopa-responsive dystonia and aromatic amino acid decarboxylase (AADC) deficiency, and other forms of juvenile parkinsonism.
2009 - 2009
American Academy of Neurology Clinical Research Training Fellowship
2006 - 2006
The Daniel Sciarra Award for Exemplary Patient Care and Humanism
Department of Neurology, Columbia University
ResearchPediatric Neurotransmitter Disorders, Pediatric Dystonia, Juvenile Parkinsonism
Pearson T, Akman C, Hinton V, Engelstad K, De Vivo D. The Phenotypic Spectrum of Glucose Transporter Type 1 Deficiency Syndrome (Glut1 DS). . Curr Neurol Neurosci Rep. 2013 April; 4: 342.
Virmani T, Greene P, Pearson T. Delayed onset of progressive chorea after acute basal ganglia injury. . Mov Disord 2013; 28(5): 585-587.
Gigante P, McDowell M, Bruce S, Chirelstein G, Chiriboga C, Dutkowsky J, Fontana E, Hyman J, Kim H, Morgan D, Pearson T, Roye B, Roye D, Ryan P, Vitale M, Anderson R. Reduction in Upper Extremity Tone After Lumbar Selective Dorsal Rhizotomy in Children with Spastic Cerebral Palsy. . J Neurosurg Pediatr 2013 Dec; 12(6): 588-594.
Sanger T, Chen D, Fehlings D, Hallett M, Lang A, Mink J, Singer H, Alter K, Ben-Pazi H, Butler E, Chen R, Collins A, Dayanidhi S, Forssberg H, Fowler E, Gilbert D, Gorman S, Gormley, Jr M, Jinnah H, Kornblau B, Krosschell K, Lehman R, MacKinnon C, Malanga C, Mesterman R, Michaels M, Pearson T, Rose J, Russman B, Sternad D, Swoboda K, Valero-Cuevas F. Definition and Classification of Hyperkinetic Movements in Childhood. . Mov Disord 2010; 25(11): 1538-1549.
Pearson T, Krakauer J, Mazzoni P. Learning not to generalize: modular adaptation of visuomotor gain. . J Neurophysiol 2010; 103(6): 2938-2952.
Pearson T, Curtis F, Al-Eyadhy A, Al-Tamemi S, Mazer B, Dror Y, Chiu S, Abish S, Bak S, Compton J, Der Kaloustian V. An Intronic Mutation in DKC1 in an infant with Høyeraal - Hreidarsson Syndrome. . Am J Med Gen A. 2008; 146A(16): 2159-2161.
Physicians and scientists on the faculty of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai often interact with pharmaceutical, device and biotechnology companies to improve patient care, develop new therapies and achieve scientific breakthroughs. In order to promote an ethical and transparent environment for conducting research, providing clinical care and teaching, Mount Sinai requires that salaried faculty inform the School of their relationships with such companies.
Dr.Pearson is not currently required to report Industry relationships.
Mount Sinai's faculty policies relating to faculty collaboration with industry are posted on our website at http://icahn.mssm.edu/about-us/services-and-resources/faculty-resources/handbooks-and-policies/faculty-handbook. Patients may wish to ask their physician about the activities they perform for companies.
5 East 98th Street, 1st Floor
New York, NY 10029
- Monday 8:30am - 4:30pm
- Wednesday 9:00am - 4:30pm
- CIGNA HMO-POS
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- GHI HMO
- Oxford Health Plans of New York
- United Health Care - Mount Sinai Top Tier
- United Healthcare
- UnitedHealthcare Community Plan