- ASSISTANT PROFESSOR Surgery
American Board of Plastic Surgery
American Board of Surgery
MD, Mount Sinai School of Medicine
New York Presbyterian - Weill Cornell Medical Center
Residency, Plastic Surgery
Emory University Hospital
Residency, Plastic Surgery
NY Columbia Presbyterian Med. Ctr.
Fellowship, Plastic Surgery
Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- Dr. William Samson is a plastic surgeon specializing in cosmetic and reconstructive surgery. He has particular expertise in aesthetic and reconstructive breast surgery. Dr. Samson is board certified in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, and is the Associate Chief of Plastic Surgery at the Mount Sinai Roosevelt and Mount Sinai St. Luke’s hospitals. He also holds a staff position at Mount Sinai Beth Israel Medical Center in New York City, and serves as Director of the Combined Divisions of Plastic Surgery Academic Program. Dr. Samson is an Assistant Professor of Plastic Surgery at the Ichan School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, and he is actively involved in training plastic surgery residents. He is a member of numerous professional societies and he has presented and published on several topics including microvascular reconstructive surgery, aesthetic and reconstructive breast surgery, as well as other topics.
Dr. Samson received his B.S. from Tufts University and his M.D. from Mount Sinai School of Medicine. He completed five years of General Surgery Residency training at New York Presbyterian Hospital - Cornell University. Dr. Samson competed his Plastic Surgery training at Emory University and at New York Presbyterian Hospital. He went on to complete a one year fellowship in Cancer Reconstructive Surgery and Microsurgery at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center.
Physicians and scientists on the faculty of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai often interact with pharmaceutical, device and biotechnology companies to improve patient care, develop new therapies and achieve scientific breakthroughs. In order to promote an ethical and transparent environment for conducting research, providing clinical care and teaching, Mount Sinai requires that salaried faculty inform the School of their relationships with such companies.
Dr. Samson did not report having any of the following types of financial relationships with industry during 2015 and/or 2016: consulting, scientific advisory board, industry-sponsored lectures, service on Board of Directors, participation on industry-sponsored committees, equity ownership valued at greater than 5% of a publicly traded company or any value in a privately held company. Please note that this information may differ from information posted on corporate sites due to timing or classification differences.
Mount Sinai's faculty policies relating to faculty collaboration with industry are posted on our website. Patients may wish to ask their physician about the activities they perform for companies.
Physicians who provide services at hospitals and facilities in the Mount Sinai Health System might not participate in the same health plans as those Mount Sinai hospitals and facilities (even if the physicians are employed or contracted by those hospitals or facilities).
Information regarding insurance participation and billing by this physician may be found on this page, and can also be obtained by contacting this provider directly. Because physicians insurance participation can change, the insurance information on this page may not always be up-to-date. Please contact this physician directly to obtain the most up-to-date insurance information.
Insurance and health plan networks that the various Mount Sinai Health System hospitals and facilities participate in can be found on the Mount Sinai Health System website.
425 West 59th St, Suite 4C
New York, NY 10019
425 West 59th Street
New York, NY 10019
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna PPO
- BCBS Health New York
- Cigna - HMO
- Cigna EPO
- Cigna Indemnity
- Cigna POS
- Cigna PPO
- Empire B/C-B/S HMO, EPO, PPO
- Empire BCBS CHP
- Empire BCBS Healthy NY
- Empire BCBS Mediblue
- Empire BCBS POS
- Empire BCBS Pathway
- Empire BCBS Pathway Enhanced
- Empire Blue Cross/ Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield Indemnity
- Fidelis Child Health Plus
- Fidelis Family Health Plus
- Fidelis Medicaid
- Fidelis Medicare
- Hotel Traders
- Medicaid Secondary to Medicare
- Oxford (Medicare)
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- United Health - PPO
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - HMO
- United Healthcare Compass PPO
- United Healthcare Medicare (Secure Horizons)