A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, parallel-group, multicenter study to evaluate the effect of secukinumab on aortic vascular inflammation and cardiometabolic biomarkers after 12 weeks of treatment, compared to placebo, and up to 52 weeks of treatment with secukinumab in adult subjects with moderate to severe chronic plaque-type psoriasis
ID Number 16-1090Principal Investigator(s)
Department(s) or Division(s)
We are studying an injectable medication, secukinumab (Cosentyx), in the treatment of moderate to severe plaque psoriasis. The trial lasts for 52 weeks. Patients will undergo 3 FDG-PET/CT scans during the study.
Patients may be eligible for this study if they:
- are a healthy male or female age >18 years
- have had a diagnosis of chronic plaque psoriasis for at least 6 months
- have failed other forms of therapy for psoriasis (i.e. topical steroids or phototherapy)
- are a candidate for biologic therapy and have never been given an IL-17 inhibitor in the past
- are able to attend appointments for 52 weeks
- are willing to not use any other psoriasis treatment during the study
Additional entry criteria apply. Qualified participants will receive related medical examinations, study medication, and imaging studies at no cost, and may be eligible for compensation for their time and travel.
Recruiting Patients: Yes