Orthopaedic Research Laboratories News
- James Iatridis presented invited plenary seminar entitled "Biomechanics, mechanobiology and injury in degenerating intervertebral discs" at the European Society of Biomechanics in Lisbon Portugal.
- Devina Purmessur delivered a podium presentation at the World Spine Forum for Spine Research, Helsinki, Finland.
- James Iatridis presented an invited lecture entitled "Maximizing your chances in grant applications: NIH funding" at the World Forum for Spine Research. Helsinki, Finland.
- James Iatridis presented an invited debate entitled 'The ups and downs of loading history in accelerating disc degeneration' in the session entitled 'Mechanisms of Disc Degeneration I: What is more dominant in mechanisms of dynamic disc degeneration?' at the World Forum for Spine Research in Helsinki, Finland.
- Congratulations to Ben Walter for completing his Qualifying Exam for his PhD in Biomedical Engineering at CCNY on June 14, 2012.
- Stephen Ros successfully defended his PhD thesis on June 7,2012, entitled "Investigation of the Biomechanical, Structural, and Cellular Response to Fatigue Damage Accumulation in a Novel In Vitro Tail Tendon Injury Model".
- Khyati Dave, on May 24th, successfully defended her MS thesis in Biomedical Engineering at CCNY with her thesis entitled "Characterization of rheological properties and degradation rate of genipin crosslinked fibrin hydrogel for annulus fibrosus repair".
- Michael Boniello successfully defended his MS thesis on May 18, 2012, entitled "The Effect of Treadmill Running Exercise Initiated Immediately After Fatigue Loading on the Recovery of Fatigue Damaged Rat Patellar Tendons".
- Congratulations to Devina Purmessur for winning the Mount Sinai 2012 Postdoctoral travel award.
- Congratulations to Stephen Ros for presenting and winning in the student paper competition at the International Society for Ligament and Tendon presentation in San Francisco.
- The ORL presented 5 podium (Nelly Andarawis-Puri, James Iatridis, Alon Lai & Devina Purmessur) and 9 poster (Nelly Andarawis-Puri, Meghan Faillace, Svenja Illien-Junger, Melissa Ramcharan, Devina Purmessur, Stephen Ros, Ben Walter) presentations at the Orthopaedic Research Society Meeting in San Francisco.
- Nelly Andarawis-Puri and Stephen Ros each presented a podium presentation at the International Symposium for Ligaments and Tendons.
- James Iatridis presented 2 invited talks at the Orthopaedic Research Society meeting in San Francisco: Spotlight talk entitled 'Biomechanics and mechanobiology of intervertebral disc injury and repair' and Professional Advancement Series talk entitled: 'What to do when your grants don't get funded?'
- Melissa Ramcharan successfully defended her PhD candidacy second exam at CCNY.