Ann-Gel S Palermo, Dr PH
- SENIOR ASSOCIATE DEAN FOR DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
- ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR | Medical Education
- ASSISTANT PROFESSOR | Pediatrics
Research Topics:Diversity, Education, Public Health
Bachelor of Sciences, SUNY College at Brockport
Doctorate of Public Health, CUNY Graduate School of Public Health and Health Policy
Masters of Public Health, University of Michigan School of Public Health
Physicians and scientists on the faculty of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai often interact with pharmaceutical, device and biotechnology companies to improve patient care, develop new therapies and achieve scientific breakthroughs. In order to promote an ethical and transparent environment for conducting research, providing clinical care and teaching, Mount Sinai requires that salaried faculty inform the School of their relationships with such companies.
Below are financial relationships with industry reported by Dr. Palermo during 2022 and/or 2023. Please note that this information may differ from information posted on corporate sites due to timing or classification differences.
- East Harlem Community Organizations Active in Disasters (COAD)
Industry-Sponsored Lectures: MSSM faculty occasionally give lectures at events sponsored by industry, but only if the events are free of any marketing purpose.
- Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC); East Harlem Community Organizations Active in Disasters (COAD)
Other Activities: Examples include, but are not limited to, committee participation, data safety monitoring board (DSMB) membership.
- Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC)
Scientific Advisory Board:
- East Harlem Community Health Committee
Mount Sinai's faculty policies relating to faculty collaboration with industry are posted on our website. Patients may wish to ask their physician about the activities they perform for companies.