Jeremy Steinberger, MD
- ASSISTANT PROFESSOR | Neurosurgery
- ASSISTANT PROFESSOR | Orthopedics
- ASSISTANT PROFESSOR | Rehabilitation and Human Performance
Specialties:Neurosurgery, Orthopedics and Orthopedic Surgery
Research Topics:Neuro-degeneration/protection, Orthopaedics, Pain, Spinal Cord, Spine
In October 2022, the offices of Jeremy M. Steinberger, MD will be relocating between 787 11th Avenue, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10009 (Between 54th and 55th Street Across from Dewitt Clinton Park).
Jeremy M. Steinberger, MD, is the Director of Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery for the Mount Sinai Health System Department of Neurosurgery, as well as Assistant Professor of Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, and Rehabilitation Medicine at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. He is board certified in neurosurgery and has clinical and academic interests in minimally invasive spine surgery, motion preservation surgery, pain management, robotic technology, and virtual and augmented reality. Dr. Steinberger sees patients at Mount Sinai West, the Mount Sinai Orthopedic Clinic, and Mount Sinai Doctors Faculty Practice on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. A recognized leader and one of the premier surgeons in New York City in the field of minimally invasive spine surgery, Dr. Steinberger is well-known for his thoughtful approach to spine surgery and dedication to his patients. He is committed to motion-sparing surgery and minimally invasive spine surgery and collaborates with his patients to develop a plan to improve quality of life, reduce pain, and maximize recovery.
Dr. Steinberger received his Medical Degree from Albert Einstein College of Medicine, his Neurosurgery Residency and Fellowship in Complex Spine Surgery at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, and completed a Fellowship in Orthopedic Spine Surgery (AO Spine) at the Hospital for Special Surgery.
Dr. Steinberger has written numerous high impact spine research papers that have been published in scientific journals. He is a recognized winner for national scientific awards from the Society of Lateral Access Surgery in 2019, the Spine Summit in 2018, and the American Association of Neurological Surgeons in 2015, among others. Dr. Steinberger has won many awards including Mount Sinai Health System’s “Physician of the Year” award in 2014 for excellence in patient care and for developing strong collaborative partnerships with nursing staff and also won the AOA award for outstanding resident teaching at The Mount Sinai Hospital in 2013.
Dr. Steinberger is fluent in English and Hebrew.
- "Cannot say enough about Dr. Steinberger. Expert in his field. Incredible surgeon. Caring and genuine when dealing with patients. Includes patient in discussion and decision making. Strives for less invasive procedures but is real and honest when discussing patient's needs."
"Dr. Jeremy Steinberger and his whole team have treated me with thoughtfulness, honesty, and respect. I feel very fortunate to have found him."
- "He was excellent and very knowleable and gave me more information about my condition than any other provider ever has in the last almost 10 years in seeing others about my condition. My only regret is that I have not met him sooner."
"Dr. Steinberger is extremely intelligent and skilled. I was so nervous about surgery, but I completely trusted Dr. Steinberger and felt safe & comfortable under his care."
"Dr. Steinberger is an excellent doctor and, I would recommend him to anyone who needs his care. He is also, very nice and sweet. Thank you."
"All around great experience!"
"My 1St time to Mount Sinai West for consultation with Dr. Jeremy Steinberger. This was an excellent app. Very good info about my condition & what can be done with surgery. Thank you for the great info. Very good visit and very satisfied patient."
"OH MY GOODNESS This was an eye opening experience; I was able to get lots of info and find out what I needed to know so I can go on with my treatment. Thank you Dr. Jeremy Steinberger!"
"The office staff and the NP and the Doctor are all top notch."
Dr. Steinberger is one of the most caring physicians I have ever gotten to know. I have been very grateful to have him as my doctor and I feel I'm in such good hands."
"Mt. Sinai is lucky to have Dr Steinberger."
- "I am forever thankful for the outstanding level of care that I received."
"Everyone was respectful & Doctor Steinberger was wonderful. I gave his card to two friends who need same surgery as I."
- "I love Dr. Steinberger. He's excellent and caring. I would highly recommend him to anyone!!"
- Dr. Steinberger is one of the most caring physicians I have ever gotten to know. I have been very grateful to have him as my doctor and I feel I'm in such good hands."
- Cervical Disc Replacement
- Cervical Myelopathy
- Cervical Radiculopathy
- Chronic Neck Pain
- Disc Disease of Neck and Back
- Disc Displacement
- Foot Drop Surgery
- Herniated Disk
- Intervertebral Diskectomy
- Low Back Pain
- Lumbar Interbody Fusion
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Neck Fracture
- Orthopedic Consultation (Spine)
- Quadriplegia And Paraplegia
- Spinal Cord Disorder
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Spinal Cord Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Spinal Cord Reconstructive Surgery
- Spinal Cord Second Opinion
- Spinal Cord Surgery
- Spinal Cord Tumors
- Spinal Fusion
- Spinal Stenosis
- Spinal Vascular Malformations
- Spine Fracture
- Spine Pain
MD, Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Residency, Neurological Surgery, Mount Sinai
Fellowship, Spine Surgery, Hospital for Special Surgery
Physician of the Year