Weiva Sieh, MD, PhD, MS
- ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR | Population Health Science and Policy
- ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR | Genetics and Genomic Sciences
Dr. Sieh’s research focuses on identifying genetic and epidemiologic factors underlying cancer susceptibility and outcomes. Current interests include:
1) Genetic and environmental determinants of mammographic breast density; relationship of breast density and other image features to breast cancer risk.
2) Genomic risk prediction using machine learning methods.
3) Risk and prognosis of hormone-related cancers, including cancers of the breast, ovary and prostate.
Dr. Sieh is also a member of the Icahn Institute for Data Science and Genomic Technology.
BA Biology, Harvard University
MD Medicine, McGill University
MS Biostatistics, University of Washington
PhD Epidemiology, University of Washington
Postdoc Statistical Genetics, University of Washington