Winston C Kwa, MD
- ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR | Environmental Medicine & Public Health
Specialties:Internal Medicine, Occupational Medicine
Winston Kwa, MD, MPH, is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Environmental Medicine and Public Health and the Medical Director for the Selikoff Centers for Occupational Health Lower Hudson Valley Region. The two Lower Hudson Valley Clinical Centers are located in Monroe and Yonkers, New York. Dr. Kwa's research interests include occupational diseases such as occupational asthma, asbestos-related lung disease, silicosis, work-related musculoskeletal diseases, and the health effects of environmental and occupational exposures.
He is the former Program Director for the Department of Preventive Medicine’s Occupational Medicine Residency Program. He also serves as an impartial specialist for the New York State Workers’ Compensation Board. Dr. Kwa received his medical degree and Masters in Public Health at the New York Medical College. Dr. Kwa completed his residency in internal medicine at Staten Island University Hospital and in occupational medicine at Mount Sinai Hospital.
- Clinical Preventive Medicine
- Experienced in Workers’ Compensation Reporting
- Medical Screenings for Work-related Hazard Exposures
- Monitoring and Treatment of World Trade Center-Related Adverse Health Effects
- Occupational Toxicology
- Occupational Zoonotic Diseases
- Work Fitness and Disability Integration
- Work-Related Injury and Illness Treatment and Management
MPH, New York Medical College
MD, New York Medical College
Residency, Internal Medicine, Staten Island University Hospital
Residency, Occupational Medicine, Mount Sinai Hospital
Claudio L, Kwa WC, Russell AL, Wallinga D. Testing methods for developmental neurotoxicity of environmental chemicals. Toxicology and applied pharmacology 2000 Apr; 164(1).