A Phase 2, Multi-Center, Double-Blind, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Study of MGL-3196 in Patients With Non-Alcoholic Steatohepatitis
ID Number 16-2194Principal Investigator(s)
Meena B Bansal
Department(s) or Division(s)
The purpose of this study is to determine:
- How well MGL-3196 works for the treatment of NASH (Non-Alcoholic Steatohepatitis) compared to a placebo (a placebo looks like the study drug but does not contain any active ingredients).
- The safety of the study drug in participants with NASH.
- If taking a higher dose of MGL-3196 compared to a lower dose works better for participants with NASH.
This study will be done in about 30 study centers in the United States. About 117 men and women 18 years of age or older will be in the study.
Participants will be in this study for up to 44 weeks.
This study consists of 3 periods:
- Screening Period (up to 6 weeks)
- Study Drug Period (about 36 weeks)
- Follow Up Period (about 2 weeks)
Recruiting Patients: No