Learn more about what makes the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai (ISMMS) a leader. Review data and background information about the School and our faculty, staff, and students. You can also find information on admissions, research, clinical care, and our partnerships and academic affiliations.
Who We Are
At ISMMS we train the physicians and scientists of tomorrow while we conduct breakthrough research and provide multidisciplinary clinical care.
- 556 medical students
- 92 MD/PhD students
- 283 PhD students
- 300 master’s degree students
- 600+ Postdoctoral Fellows
- $267.3 million in National Institutes of Health (NIH) funding awarded to our researchers in 2015
- 15th among U.S. medical schools for NIH funding
- 2nd in research dollars per principal investigator among U.S. medical schools by the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC)
*As of 2016