The Mount Sinai Health System offers comprehensive services for individuals and families struggling with problems of substance abuse. Our treatment programs are offered at these locations:
- The Addiction Institute of New York (at Mount Sinai West and Mount Sinai St. Luke's)
- General Addiction Services (at Mount Sinai Beth Israel)
- Stuyvesant Square Chemical Dependency Services (at Mount Sinai Beth Israel)
- Methadone Maintenance Treatment Program (at Mount Sinai Beth Israel)
With a continuum of inpatient and outpatient care, we match you with the services that best meet your needs, and you are assured continuity of care within our spectrum of services. With these hospital-based programs, you have access to state-of-the-art medical and behavioral health diagnostic and specialty services.
Substance abuse counseling services help you understand addiction and recovery, helping those ambivalent about treatment and increasing motivation for recovery. We are committed to providing comprehensive, evidence-based treatment services, incorporating multidisciplinary approaches and helping you develop skills to establish healthy lifestyles. Outreach and education events encourage and support families in learning about recovery and relapse prevention. Aftercare clinics and counseling are available for ongoing support.
Medically managed outpatient services are available to patients and families in clinics throughout Manhattan and in Brooklyn. These include:
- Medication-assisted opiate addiction treatment
- Assessment and comprehensive evaluation
- Chemical dependency education
- Family support services - individual and group counseling
- Psychiatric services
Inpatient detoxification and rehabilitation services are located at Mount Sinai Beth Israel's campus at First Avenue and 16th St. and at Mount Sinai Roosevelt at 10th Avenue and 59th St.
Also located at these addresses and at Mount Sinai St. Luke's (114th St. and Amsterdam Ave) are the following services:
- Ambulatory detoxification
- Intensive day treatment services
- Evening treatment services
- DWI assessment and treatment services
Specialized programs for crystal methamphetamine addiction, impaired health professionals, and college students are also available at Mount Sinai Roosevelt.
Research and Clinical Trials
Mount Sinai researchers are using state-of-the-art techniques to conduct studies seeking insights to enhance the development of new treatments to prevent and better treat addiction disorders. In addition, the Addiction Institute has been an active participant in the National Institute of Drug Abuse Clinical Trials Network since 2001, serving as a study site for several national, multi-site investigations. Mount Sinai Beth Israel has conducted numerous funded research studies.