Presentations and Publications
Dean Charney regularly presents at Icahn School of Medicine events and industry meetings, and has written more than 700 publications. Each year, the Dean addresses students, residents, and fellows at the School’s Convocation, White Coat, and Commencement ceremonies and discusses his vision for continuing to move the School to the next level in academic training and research.
State of the School
- 2014 State of the School Presentation
- 2013 State of the School Presentation
- 2012 State of the School Presentation
- 2011 State of the School Presentation
- 2010 State of the School Presentation
- 2009 State of the School Presentation
International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies (ISTSS) 29th Annual Meeting
Innovations in Psychiatry Symposium Keynote
Hess Center Public Opening Remarks
- 2015 Commencement Remarks
- 2014 Commencement Remarks
- 2013 Commencement Remarks
- 2012 Commencement Remarks
- 2011 Commencement Remarks
- 2010 Commencement Remarks
White Coat Remarks
- 2014 White Coat Address
- 2013 White Coat Address
- 2012 White Coat Address
- 2011 White Coat Address
- 2010 White Coat Address
- 2009 White Coat Address
- Encouraging Innovation at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
- Save Our Doctors: Don't Cut Graduate Medical Education (With Kenneth L. Davis, MD)
- Fulfilling the Promise of Biomedical Research
- Protecting Urban Academic Medical Centers: An Endangered Species
- Biomedical Research: A Cure for Nation's Ills
- The Culture of Innovation, March 2012
Watch Dean Dennis S. Charney, MD, delivers his remarks at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai events. Watch videos
In their book Resilience: The Science of Mastering Life's Greatest Challenges, co-authors Dennis S. Charney, MD and Steven M. Southwick, MD identify 10 "resilience factors" that help people cope with the impact of traumatic life-changing events.
Read The Science of Resilience: Implications for the Prevention and Treatment of Depression by Steven M. Southwick and Denis. S. Charney in the October 5th issue of Science.
Listen to October 5 Science podcast in which Dr. Charney discusses resilience training.
PBS's Next Avenue shares "6 Steps to Help You Cope With Any Setback."
View Dean Charney's presentation: Resilience - The Science of Mastering Life's Greatest Challenges