The following conferences take place each week:
- Recipient Review Members of the transplant team discuss the evaluation and listing of potential liver transplant recipients.
- Small Bowel Transplant Conference The small bowel transplant surgeon, pediatric and adult gastroenterologists, and pathologists discuss patients' pathology and their pre- and post-transplant issues. They also present journal articles and review immunosuppressive and prophylactic agents.
- Journal Club/Research Seminar Journal articles are presented jointly by the hepatology attendings and fellows. Speakers update the group on topics within their respective fields of hepatology/gastroenterology research.
- Fellows Conference Hepatology fellows present interesting inpatient cases and/or a comprehensive review of topics pertaining to liver disease.
- Living Related Donor Liver Transplant Conference Transplant surgeons, hepatologists, and transplant coordinators present potential living donors and discuss their suitability.
The following conference takes place daily:
Liver Pathology Review Daily histopathology is reviewed by Swan Thung, MD, Maria Isabel Fiel, MD, and the liver pathology fellows. We strongly encourage transplant hepatology fellows to attend these sessions to gain familiarity with liver biopsy interpretation. The conference is complemented by a weekly CPC review of challenging cases.
Ms. Lachelle Williams
Icahn School of Medicine
1425 Madison Ave, Room 11-70
New York, NY 10029