Please select below for specific information about our ongoing research studies and three-year bibliography of peer-reviewed publications.
- Human Oocyte Preservation Experience (HOPE) Registry
- Proteomic analysis of conditioned embryo media for markers of embryonic competence
- Clinical comparison of 3-D ultrasound images and hysterosalpingogram films: intra- and inter-observer variation in diagnosis
- Use of Long-acting Follicle Stimulating Hormone in IVF protocols
- Analysis of marker proteins in human follicular fluid to determine oocyte competence
- The role of acid ceramidase in apoptosis of human oocytes and embryos, a potential therapeutic target
- Morphologic markers of embryo development – the significance of multinuclear blastomeres in embryo development
- Development of Molecular Technologies to Non-Invasively Determine X versus Y Chromosomal Complement of Human Embryos for with Genetic Abnormalities
- Determination of optimal stimulation protocols for Assisted Reproductive Technologies
- In vitro maturation and parthenogenic activation of immature oocytes
- Oocyte cryopreservation of germinal vesicle and meiosis I oocytes: a comparison of two methods
- Recombinant human Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH) treatment correlation with semen analysis parameters, sperm nuclear morphology, and Sperm DNA Decondensation (SDD)/Sperm DNA Fragmentation Asssay (SDFA). Along with pregnancy rates in infertile men with abnormalities on either SDD/SDFA or sperm nuclear morphology
- Methylation analysis of individual spermatozoa
- Single nucleotide polymorphisms on 1pn oocytes following fertilization with intracytoplasmic sperm injection
Three-year bibliography of peer-reviewed publications by RMA of New York physicians
- Grunfeld L, Luna M, Sandler B, Mukherjee T, Nagashima Y, Copperman AB. Redefining in vitro fertilization “success:” Should triplets be considered failures? Fertil Steril 2008 Oct;90(4):1064-8
- Martinuzzi K, Luna M, Ryan S, Copperman, AB "Elevated Body Mass Index (BMI) Does Not Adversely Affect In Vitro Fertilization Outcome in Young Women" Journal of Assisted Reproduction and Genetics 2008 May;25(5):169-75
- Knopman JM, Copperman AB. Endometrial thickness measured by ultrasound scan in women with uterine outlet obstruction due to intrauterine or upper cervical adhesions. Hum Reprod. 2008 May;23(5):1234
- Barritt J, Luna M, Duke M, Copperman AB. Ethical issues surrounding the cryopreservation of human oocytes. Fertil Steril 2007 Oct;88(4):1016.
- Schiff JD, Luna M, Barritt J, Duke M, Copperman AB, Bar-Chama N. The morphology of extracted testicular sperm correlates with fertilization but not pregnancy rates. BJU Int. 2007 Dec;100(6):1326-9
- Cohen J, Copperman AB. The value of 3D ultrasound in the diagnosis and treatment of Asherman’s syndrome. Journal of Reproductive Medicine 2007 Nov;52(11):1016-22.
- Barritt J, Luna M, Duke M, Copperman A. Perspectives on oocyte research. Fertil Steril. 2007 Oct;88(4):1019-20
- Copperman KB, Schertz JC, Witkin G, Sandler B, Brodman M, Copperman AB. Patients’ return to referring physicians and its relations to their infertility duration. Journal of Women’s Health 2007 Sept;16(7):1012-16.
- Flisser E, Scott RT, Copperman AB. Patient-Friendly IVF: How should it be defined, Fertil Steril 2007 Sep;88(3):547-9
- Barritt J, Luna M, Duke M, Grunfeld L, Mukherjee T, Sandler B, Copperman AB. Report of four donor-recipient oocyte cryopreservation cycles resulting in high pregnancy and implantation rates. Fertil Steril 2007;87:189.
- Melman A, Bar-Chama N, McCullough A, Davies K, Christ G. hMaxi-K gene transfer in males with erectile dysfunction: results of the first human trial. Hum Gene Ther. Accepted for publication.
- Luna M, Copperman AB, Duke M, Ezcurra D, Barritt J. Human blastocyst morphological quality is significantly improved in embryos classified as fast on day 3 (>10cells), bringing into question current embryologic dogma. Fertil Steril 2007 May 23.
- Luna M, Grunfeld L, Mukherjee T, Sandler B, Copperman AB. Moderately elevated levels of basal follicle-stimulating hormone in young patients predict low ovarian response, but should not be used to disqualify patients from attempting in vitro fertilization. Fertil Steril 2007 Apr; 87(4):782-7.
- Luna M, Duke M, Copperman AB, Grunfeld L, Sandler B, Barritt J. Blastocyst embryo transfer is associated with a sex-ratio imbalance in favor of male offspring. Fertil Steril 2007 Mar;87(3):519-23.
- Martinuzzi K and Copperman AB, Oocyte Cryopreservation for Elective Preservation of Reproductive Potential, Current Women’s Health Reviews. 2007 3(3): 209-215.
- Barritt J, Luna M, Duke M, Grunfeld L, Mukherjee T, Sandler B, Copperman AB. Report of four donor-recipient oocyte cryopreservation cycles resulting in high pregnancy and implantation rates. Fertil Steril 2007 Jan;87(1):189.
- Schiff JD, Bar-Chama N, Cesaretti J, Stock R. Early use of a phosphodiesterase inhibitor after brachytherapy restores and preserves erectile function. BJU Int 2006;98:1255-8.
- Copperman AB, Wells V, Luna M, Kalir T, Sandler B, Mukherjee T. Presence of hydrosalpinx correlated to endometrial inflammatory response in vivo. Fertil Steril 2006;86(4):972-6.
- Copperman AB, DeCherney AH. Turn, turn, turn. Fertil Steril 2006 Jan;85(1):12-13.
- Kliman HJ, Honig S, Walls D, Luna M, McSweet JC, Copperman AB. Optimization of endometrial preparation results in a normal Endometrial Function Test® (EFT®) and good reproductive outcome in donor ovum recipients. JARG 2006;23(8).
- Melman A, Bar-Chama N, McCullough A, Davies K, Christ G. The first human trial for gene transfer therapy for the treatment of erectile dysfunction: preliminary results. Eur Urol 2005;48:314-8.
- Alasio T, Borin J, Taylor K, Bar-Chama N, Unger P. Intratesticular mucinous cystadenoma. Arch Pathol Lab Med 2005;129:399-402.
Alan B. Copperman, MD
635 Madison Avenue, 10th Floor
New York, NY 10022
400 Garden City Plaza, Suite 107
Garden City, NY 11530
15 North Broadway, Garden Level
White Plains, NY 10601