Non-Matriculating Students (Non-Degree Students)
Non-matriculating students may take up to 12 credits without matriculating for the full degree. If you are interested in taking courses in the Clinical Research Education Program as a non-matriculating student, please do the following:
1. All Non-Matriculating Students must first apply to the program through the Graduate School Application System. Upon completion of your application and acceptance as a non-matriculating student, you will receive an email from the registrar’s office with information about how to register for classes and the deadlines for registration.
2. A completed application will include an updated resume, a short essay, one letter of recommendation and an $80 non-refundable application fee. Contact the Program Administration to verify that your background and skills assure eligibility for the course and to receive permission to enroll. Please note: Courses may require that students have fulfilled certain pre-requisites. Students will not be eligible to take a course if they lack the required pre-requisites.
3. After the Registration Deadline, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai Bursar’s office will send you a tuition bill based on the total number of credits per course for which you have registered. Please pay the appropriate tuition according to the instructions on the invoice. If the tuition is not paid, the Bursar’s office will start charging late fees. Non-matriculating students may only receive academic credit for the courses they take if all balances due to Mount Sinai have been paid.
4. As for all students, check your e-mail regularly as well as the CLR Program’s announcements page on the web and the course’s Blackboard site for up-to-date news and information.
5. All non-matriculating students must complete a medical status Form and return it to Student Health Center at the address below:
CAM Building, 17 E. 102 St. East Tower, 5th Floor – Room 241
The SHC is open Monday through Wednesday from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM, Thursday 10:00 AM to 5:45 PM and on Friday until 3:30 PM. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Jeanine Burrell, R.N.C. at the above number or you may email her at email@example.com.
6. Non-matriculating students wishing to pursue one of our degree programs (CRTP, MSCR, or PhD) must apply to the Clinical Research Education Program through the EMBARK system and will undergo the same admission process and be evaluated based on the same criteria used for all applicants.