Welcome to the Mount Sinai Summer Undergraduate Research Program
Icahn School of Medicine, located in New York City, offers summer research internships to outstanding undergraduate students who are planning to pursue an MD/PhD or a PhD and who are interested in doing research at a leading biomedical institution. The Summer Undergraduate Research Program (SURP) at Mount Sinai is a 10-week program that begins in June every year. In 2015 SURP will begin on June 8, 2015. SURP fellows receive intensive research training in a cutting-edge biomedical laboratory, thus gaining an insider’s perspective into Mount Sinai graduate programs and academic life. The fellowship includes free housing and a $3,500 stipend.
As a SURP Fellow, you will have the opportunity to:
* Choose a mentor from among the 200 Mount Sinai Graduate School faculty
* Enhance your technical skills and independence in the lab through mentorships with Mount Sinai faculty
* Acquire valuable experience by:
- Attending a weekly seminar series aimed at introducing you to research-intensive career options and role models for career pathways
- Participating in departmental seminars, journal clubs, and work-in-progress meetings
- Presenting a poster of your work in the SURP Fellows' Research Day
You will gain insight into Mount Sinai’s graduate programs and academic life and enrich your life experience by learning, and working in New York City.